• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tips On Superworm Beetle Colony?

Draco'sMama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All :D
I am brand new to this community. We have a 3 year old Beardie named Draco.
This is my second attempt at a Superworm Colony for Draco. I had an easy time with Dubia roaches and he of course decided he didn't like the taste. Brat! My supers never changed from alien and died as such.
I now have 7 aliens and ONE BEETLE!!! Can you tell I'm excited about the beetle?! I have lots of questions google can't seem to answer. Or I'm searching wrong. I hope we have some pros here.
1. The beetle won't bother the aliens as the morph right?
2. I have some carrot pieces, a potato, and apple core in there now. Do I need to keep it lidded?
3. Can the beetles climb?
4. I have very high humidity in there currently so I took the lid off. Is water bad for the beetles like it is to Superworms?
5. Does it ever take longer then 2 wks to turn from alien to beetle? I think they have been white aliens for a month now.
I think that's all the questions for now. Feel free to add any other information too!

ricks45

Bearded Dragon Egg
A quick google search will get you all the answers you need. Just out of curiosity Did you start with Non Sterile Beetles ? If not the beetles will be sterile from the growth inhibitors they treat them with.

Latest posts