• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tiny kink in the tip of the tail?

bennylava

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all. When I bought my beardie, I did not notice a tiny flaw in the tip of its tail. I noticed when I got home though. When I got Scooty Feet, he was only about 4 inches long. Now he's about 7 inches long, and the kink in the tip of his tail is still there. Its right at the very tip, and it looks like his tail got shut in something when he was a baby. Will this eventually go away?

I'm hoping that by the time he's an adult, its gone. Is there any chance of this?

Beardyluv

Hatchling Dragon
My girl has the same thing, the breeder told me they hatch this way....I love it, it's her unique marker. ;o)

bennylava

Hatchling Dragon
I don't want it to be ugly when he gets older. Should it be cut off now while he's still young?

bennylava

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah so I clipped it off. It didn't even bleed. He seemed not to feel it. Weird. Its been there since I got him, I think it was dead. Gross.

Jon Macintosh

Juvenile Dragon
You should take Scooty Feet to a herpetologist or a veterinarian with reptile experience to ensure the tail is not now infected or has tail rot.

When in doubt - always follow your pet's best interest and seek proper medical care.

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
You should take Scooty Feet to a herpetologist or a veterinarian with reptile experience to ensure the tail is not now infected or has tail rot.

When in doubt - always follow your pet's best interest and seek proper medical care.
Thats the first thing I thought of.
If it didnt bleed maybe it was dead tissue or tail rot.

Has your dragon alway had it. Look up some tail rot pics and compare.

Katieecat94

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't want it to be ugly when he gets older. Should it be cut off now while he's still young?
I’m sorry but how does a unique characteristic, that they are born with, make them “ugly”? My girl has a kink in the top of her tail, has since she was a baby. And she is is no way ugly because of it, at all. She’s beautiful. Why cut it off and cause your beardie pain when it doesn’t effect him in anyway…?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m sorry but how does a unique characteristic, that they are born with, make them “ugly”? My girl has a kink in the top of her tail, has since she was a baby. And she is is no way ugly because of it, at all. She’s beautiful. Why cut it off and cause your beardie pain when it doesn’t effect him in anyway…?
You need to be careful when getting a dragon w/ a kink it could quickly turn to tail rot especially if it's turning black -and moving up the tail -- that needs to be intervened-- nips bites or pinches- they need to be watched very carefully-

Latest posts