• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tint of black beard almost all the time

Mortyy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello im new here but i am on the tortoise forum, anyway getting to the point my girl Morty has a constant tint of a black beard i’ve only had her for a couple days and she seems to be happy anyone know any reasons why? (I’ll upload some photos when I get home, making this on the bus to school)

Sadie

Juvenile Dragon
Hello im new here but i am on the tortoise forum, anyway getting to the point my girl Morty has a constant tint of a black beard i’ve only had her for a couple days and she seems to be happy anyone know any reasons why? (I’ll upload some photos when I get home, making this on the bus to school)
Please post the pics it will help figure out what is going on

Mortyy

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• 9B7534D5-89F1-4296-835E-A59F17A09392.jpeg
    9B7534D5-89F1-4296-835E-A59F17A09392.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • FAE85B68-3647-4949-8BCC-B66B096D592A.jpeg
    FAE85B68-3647-4949-8BCC-B66B096D592A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Juvenile Dragon
Ok here are the pics
His beard is fine -- looks like coloring -- if he had a black beard it would be really black and it would stand out --- you must have correct lighting for him meaning NO colored bulbs NO coil UVB's and correct basking temps taken w / a digital probe thermometer -- if you need help w/ any of this please ask and we can help

Mortyy

Bearded Dragon Egg
His beard is fine -- looks like coloring -- if he had a black beard it would be really black and it would stand out --- you must have correct lighting for him meaning NO colored bulbs NO coil UVB's and correct basking temps taken w / a digital probe thermometer -- if you need help w/ any of this please ask and we can help
Ok thanks so much i was really worried! Are compact uvb bulbs alright? Because that’s what we have

Sadie

Juvenile Dragon
Ok thanks so much i was really worried! Are compact uvb bulbs alright? Because that’s what we have
NO they are terrible -- you need to get a long tube fixture -- for a 40+ gallon tank I recommend a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and depending on the height of that tank depends on the bulb -- for a 16" height tank you would need a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 for a 18" height tank a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- these bulbs have distance and placmement requirements -- I would suggest you get this changed out ASAP --- Zoo Meds make good fixtures -- they will come w/ a 5.0 bulb that is equivalent to a T 8 -- you want the 10.0 bulb

Mortyy

Bearded Dragon Egg
NO they are terrible -- you need to get a long tube fixture -- for a 40+ gallon tank I recommend a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and depending on the height of that tank depends on the bulb -- for a 16" height tank you would need a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 for a 18" height tank a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- these bulbs have distance and placmement requirements -- I would suggest you get this changed out ASAP --- Zoo Meds make good fixtures -- they will come w/ a 5.0 bulb that is equivalent to a T 8 -- you want the 10.0 bulb
Ok I’ll see if i can get that

Latest posts