• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

time for lovin'

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so, i was wondering, how long does everyone keep their bearded dragons out of the viv every day?

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Every moment we can...now I limit it to 1/2 hour at a time for a max of 2 hours....apparently we have a very spoiled little girl who loves time with her humans.....and vise versa !

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i know they are so much fun. and gertrude is a snuggler. it's hard not to have her out all the time.

don't forget you can have them outside for longer periods of time once the weather breaks 80F. ;D so, you can turn your time to the outdoors for longer then 1/2 hour intervals.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have a question so when the weather gets nice and hot outside can i take my little beardie out for walks haha or just outside to play in my backyard or is the grass no good for them im thinking no since the bugs and things outside but how far is too far with taking them outside you got to admit the whole walking the dog is played out who wouldnt stop at the sight of a bearded dragon walking on a leash haha

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well you are not the only one, I just bought a harness for Harley...as summer is coming I would love to take her out...though thanks to this forum I bought a harness otherwise I never would have thought about it....we are slowly putting it on her so that she gets used to it...so when the warm weather hits...we are out of here...

I cannot wait to see peoples faces...hehehe

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, you can take your bearded dragon out when the weather reaches 85F. The natural UVB is great for them. Just be cautious on length of time if you are in a humid environment.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I usually take Spike and cuddle with him on my sister's bed, because she has a TV and I don't. We watch animal planet, and shows relating to Lizards. Heheh, it's always funny because Spike has one eye on me and one eye on the TV at the same time. but I always have to hold on to him, because he likes jumping off of things and the edge of the bed looks tempting. Dorky little beardie!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
not including bath time twice a week

i take each of my beardies out one at a time for about 20 minutes each per night right near nap time

Latest posts