• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tiles

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I want to get some tiles for the basking end of my tank. Can I use any kind of tiles? are some better than others?

Might someone suggest a type or color that their beardies seem to like?

Also, Should I put a scenic background behind his tank or maybe a mirror? both?

thanksss!

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Tiles = outdoor tiles or slate the rougher the better, do not get the white bathroom tiles the dragons cant get a grip on them. Colour personal preference, I have tiles of the same colour as the sand in my enclosure.

Mirror background = NO they don't seem to like their own reflection (not posers i suppose lol). Background personal preference as to the scene, some people make fake rock walls and use them as backgrounds.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i don't know about a mirror. my tank came with a mirror background and it kinda freaked my boys out. i covered it with shelf liner :p it works, he can't see himself anymore. i wish i would have gotten some tiles with a rougher surface, to keep their nails trim.

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Woot! thanks guys, going to get some tile! ;D will post a pic when finished'

Latest posts