• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tiles for Flooring???

What substrate do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madison Shire

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am using crushed walnut shell as Triton's substrate now, but I've been seriously considering switching to tile because its easier to keep clean and won't hold bacteria like other substrate does. However I'm not sure whether to use ceramic tile or slate tile. It all comes down to... which one will hold heat better? I would be open to and grateful for suggestions, thoughts, opinions... etc.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I have tile n i luv it so easy to keep clean and keeps.temps up pooks gud. Al rnd winner but yeh id get rid of the walnut asap even if u jist put paper towels dwn till i get tiles. Walnut is asking for trouble.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im thinking when I make custom cages im going to use tile on the floor and sides.

jamie-uk

Bearded Dragon Egg
non slip ceramic floor tile are the best to use they have a rough to the touch feel and great for keeping the nails down and so easy to clean recommended over slate any day dragons have far more grip.
i also recommend grouting them probably not great for glass vivariums never tried and wouldn't want to either
i probably use silicone in that circumstance but its a must in my eye or beardie could cut them selfs on edges or bacteria can get in between the tiles and under them.
hope this helps

Madison Shire

Bearded Dragon Egg
Actually it was easy and Im so happy i changed over. Triton loves it too :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409055412363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409055412363.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 72

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
Tiles are a cinch. I didn't even bother grouting mine. I just drop them in. When Fenchurch soils one or more, I just lift out the affected tiles, scrub them, and drop 'em back in. Every couple of weeks, soak them in sanitizer while giving the rest of the vivarium a thorough cleaning.

Simple.

Latest posts