• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tile

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure about caulk. The key to knowing if it is ok or not is if it can withstand high heat levels. Vivs get to be around 110F.

I know folks have used grout. Search the Habitat board and you'll find tons of answers to which type of grout and how to go about it.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know people have used silicone in the cracks. It needs time to cure but it's ok to use. I personally used a non sanded grout

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh, good point, Candice. It was on my mind and I forgot to type it. Letting it cure is very important. So, you can't use it and let your dragon live there right away.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it's 36 hours for aquarium silicone to cure. It's what I've used in the past to waterproof custom decor that came in constant contact with water and had no issues once it cured. I waited 48 hours

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just realize once you put silicone or anything the tiles become permanent. You can't get them out to clean or if one breaks. If you can just make the tiles so that they are in tightly so that there are only little cracks and the crix shouldn't be able to get in.

Latest posts