• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tile question??

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So like I said in my last post....I have lots of questions

So I'm thinking on using tiles for substrate do I use grout?? To seal all the cracks?? Will any type of tiles work?

Any recomandations would be awesome
Thanks

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can grout them in but bear in mind it wont be removable and will make the tank real heavy
Mine and a lot of other members here just place them in the tank so they fit snuggly. You can put paper towels underneath to absorb any watery part of the poop and remove/wash and replace as needed.
I do daily spot cleaning with a cloth and monthly I remove everything, wash and bake to disinfect.

You can use any type tile just make sure it has a texture so your beardie can get a grip on it. Slipping and sliding is non fun.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got slate tile, nice finish for plenty of grip ! going the same route with loose tiles and paper towls under them.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a tile with a lot of texture, not grouted in and did not add any seal. I have paper towel under the tile. Once a month I pull all the tile out, wash them in warm dish soap water and replace the paper towel under the tile. As needed I clean the poop off the tile with paper towel and wipe the area with an unscented baby wipe. Hope this helps. I have one type of tile in one tank and I hate it, but here is a picture of the tile I LOVE

100_1324.jpg

ignore the shedding lizard. This is just a good close up of the tile so you can see the texture of the tile. It is a 6x6 tile

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awsome thanks guys for the info
I will go and check out some prices for tile later on today ;D

Latest posts