• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tile for my beardy?

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi guys its me again i was just wondering what type of tile that is safe i can use for my bearded dragon tank for the bottom? show me some pictures of what tile you think i should get if you can thank you!!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any textured tile works well. Kitchen tile is probably what you are going to want. Bathroom tiles are very glossy and too smoothe

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok you sure the tile wont get cold or anything for my beardy to lay on just in case he wanna get off the basking spot and just lay on the floor?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It gets cool but it also retains heat as well. I have used tile almost the whole time I've had beardies with no issue.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
IMG_3308.jpg

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow thats real nice!! so tell me what all do i need to put the tile in my tank? and whats that white stuff in the cracks or is that just the tile itself

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All you need is tile and grout and tile/grout sealant. The white stuff is the grout. My dad did it for me

MoCkIn U

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That is a really nice setup thats pictured. I went the easy way out. We have a 50 gal and its not the perfect size for our beardie who is longer but I did take the time to put tile on the bottom of ours. I took good measurements and went to local store (menards) and picked out a ceramic 13" square tile that has a texture to it that wasnt shiny or I thought would be slippery. I lined the bottom of the tank with paper towels to catch any liquids going thru the cracks and simply placed them on the bottom.

I was too concerned about the cold but the basking lamp keeps the tile a good temp and our little one is always laying across just the tile. On the cooler side I did get a heating pad although it is not recommended for beardies I tested it out really well before using it consistently. For me it worked to keep the tile just warm on that side and not cooler to the touch like i had been finding. I think it worked because there are a couple things going on. 1st the pad is under the glass on the bottom of the tank. 2nd the tile is inside the tank and there is a little gap from the glass to the tile as it sits on the caulking of the enclosure more then it does directly on the glass so it works in my case. In no way would I openly suggest someone just get tile and a heating pad underneath without testing out the temps of the tile over the long day of exposure.

IMG_1829.jpg

I have even considered putting a sand area in there but the only pic I took was one for this forum to get a suggestion. In the end there wasnt a way to keep the sand sealed in that one area AND have the tile be easily removeable to clean

IMG_1830.jpg

Latest posts