• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tile and sand enclosure

Beastiesfamily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I adopted a 3 year old beardie from a young family member and I am educating myself on his care. His entire tank floor has a red Desert sand and it needs replacing so I bought the Reptisand which is the Desert White one. I have read much on the debate concerning possible impaction. I am very careful with feeding him. Beastie prefers to be hand fed most of the time! I like the idea of a "dig box" area inside his cave and using tile everywhere else. He has a large " rock" for basking and on the cool side is his cave that he loves to dig in. I feel that ceramic tile would be the best choice being easier to keep clean. Would ceramic tile get too hot for him under the heat lamp? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I adopted a 3 year old beardie from a young family member and I am educating myself on his care. His entire tank floor has a red Desert sand and it needs replacing so I bought the Reptisand which is the Desert White one. I have read much on the debate concerning possible impaction. I am very careful with feeding him. Beastie prefers to be hand fed most of the time! I like the idea of a "dig box" area inside his cave and using tile everywhere else. He has a large " rock" for basking and on the cool side is his cave that he loves to dig in. I feel that ceramic tile would be the best choice being easier to keep clean. Would ceramic tile get too hot for him under the heat lamp? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I use a slated ceramic tile from Home Depot and I have never had any issues w/ it getting too hot -- here is a pic of the tank and the tile

Attachments

• floor tile.jpg
    floor tile.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Blaze 6-19-22.jpg
    Blaze 6-19-22.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 26

Debbrat057

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sand is not good . They can get impacted no matter where it's placed. I use shelf liner from our local Dollar Store or Walmart. (don't remove paper on back. I use two sided tape in the corners to hold it in place. Also you became use floor tiles not stuck down or slate. Just watch your temperatures with whatever you choose. I can tell you that the shelf liner is the best thing I have done. It cleans up fast and I can replace it for almost nothing. A dig box is usually for females wanting to lay eggs, my 2 males don't care for it but much. Pretty much a hit or miss.

Latest posts