• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ticklish??

buddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey!
I've been neglecting the forum a little, i tend to only use it when buddy has any issues and I seek advice, and buddy has been very healthy!

Something strange though...

A few days ago I was giving buddy some attention. While stroking his back my sleeve brushed against the side of his chin, it seemed to really surprise him and he shook his head, and body as if it tickled.
Out of curiosity I did it purposely once again and he ran away from me and gave me the stink eye.
From then, and for around 2 days after that moment he's seemed not to trust me, he backed away from me whenever i approached, but with my girlfriend giving him affection he was totally fine!
Now he seems to have forgotten the event and trusts me in his usual way.

Was he worried that I was going to tickle him again?...could he be ticklish?

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not sure on ticklish.........but the area on the side of the face (Near the ear and side of jaw line) is "sensitive" to the touch. Mine does the same.
I love to tease her and occasionally brush over that area just to get a reaction. Wow master of stink eyes is usually the reaction.
Also mne is "ticklish / sensitive" on her back feet, she actually KICKS me if i stroke her back feet

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what all places on a beardie are sensitive like that? cuz my new baby beardie seems to hate me when i touch the side if her mouth/face area

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The only ones i know about from experience are the side of the face and feet. I guess they differ just as us humans do.

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would think they would seem ticklish but its probably more of a protective instinct? just guessing. I would assume they would shy away from things around their eyes or feet considering those would be vital to survival??

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I was wondering why Diddy always gives me a stinky look when I touch his beard and around that area....Interesting.

Latest posts