• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Throwing up.

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Okay, I have an 8 month old bearded dragon who I feed twice a day. On a morning he gets his veg and either mealworms or the smallest super worms out of the tub if there is any. On an evening he gets locusts.
I did the same as always this morning before going to college and left his lights on as usual. I got back and he'd done his usual toilet habits, and I cleaned it out. However, I came back up maybe an hour later and it looks like he's thrown up.
I'm not sure what to do, it's the first time he's done it. Should I be worried or could it just be a bit of an upset stomach? Do I throw the worms away in case its them? Do I feed him tomorrow the same as always? :eek: It's gotten me a bit worried...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's not uncommon for a BD to periodically regurgitate it's food, generally it is related to overfeeding or poor basking heat. Other times just an upset tummy. It is not a problem to worry about unless it is an ongoing situation.

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
It's not uncommon for a BD to periodically regurgitate it's food, generally it is related to overfeeding or poor basking heat. Other times just an upset tummy. It is not a problem to worry about unless it is an ongoing situation.

Thank you :) He hasn't ever done it before and he hasn't done it since the other day. I'll feed him live food today and see whether he does it again.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I've never seen a BD to throw up. I didn't know they did.

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Neither did I haha, he hasn't done it since yet though :) Fed him yesterday. What I think he might've done cause he's greedy is ate a bit too quickly and got something stuck in his throat :eek:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You said it 'Looked' like it threw up. What did you find, was it undigested food\prey parts? Did it eat & keep it down today?

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
You said it 'Looked' like it threw up. What did you find, was it undigested food\prey parts? Did it eat & keep it down today?
It was undigested bits of live food and a little bit of undigested veg. And yeah, kept all of it down today and I gave him a bath to make sure he was hydrated. :)

Latest posts