• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ThNew guy

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
like i said, beardie's r very pickey eaters when babies...it takes em awhile 2 try their greens/veggies. it's definately possible 2 over feed ur beardie, bcuz i made that mistake w/mine. i spoiled him 2 much lol...if they get 2 over weight, the base of their tail will get 2 big & can cause ur beardie 2 become paralized bcuz the spine can't with-stand the weight. i didn't allow my fat boy 2 go this far, but it's possible. as long as u only feed ur baby as much as he will eat in 10 mins, than ur fine. i had started mine out on mealworms which r a no no & i believe that is wut helped the base of his tail get so big. cuz that's where dragon's store their fat(base of their tale). as long as u keep greens/veggies in the enclosure all day every day, eventually ur baby will get curious & try a chomp or 2. mist the greens every once in awhile so they don't dry out, so they'll last longer & so ur beardie will be hydrated if he/she tries the greens. & as u said u gutload the crickets, than ur beardie will be getting plenty nutrients. learning & patients r 2 main keys 2 a happy & healthy beardie! :)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's starting to eat a little greens, not too much but still it's pretty good.

It has a problem with giving up on its food when he misses it the first time. Like he goes after it but gives up if he's gotta chace it

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
lol my beardie did the same thing when he wuz a lil guy. give it a few more days & he shud start chasing after em like crazy!!!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He chanced them some this time, I put like four in at once this time and I guess all the movement excited it and it ate all four.

I'm very upset at the moment though cuz I got 15 crickets from the pet store and 8 were dead. I didn't think I would have to check to see if they were all alive or not before I left the store. Guess you can't trust anyone

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He chanced them some this time, I put like four in at once this time and I guess all the movement excited it and it ate all four.

I'm very upset at the moment though cuz I got 15 crickets from the pet store and 8 were dead. I didn't think I would have to check to see if they were all alive or not before I left the store. Guess you can't trust anyone
They might have died in the baggie. If one kills over in the baggie the chances of the others dying goes way up because they emit this harmful chemical when they die.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I don't know, the look like shells that have been shed to me. I'm taking the dead ones back tomorrow and explaining it to the owner who I know, I know that it's only like $.80 but still, I feel ripped off

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Gave me not only the 15 new but five extra as a way of saying "sorry"

Picked up a 20 gallon long tank for him and new thormomitor, digital one.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm glad! Make sure to get a reading on the basking spot and cool side before deciding to go with a different bulb. I know I use a 160 watt in my 40, so it is surprising that the 10 was only getting heated to 110 with a 150! Glad he gave you the extra crickets. He's hoping you won't go somewhere else next time.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I am reading right next to kyuubi's basking spot and it's at 95F and climbing still. The cool side was at 82F.

There is that log that goes up right to the light and if it needs to it can go up there

Latest posts