• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This was kind of thrust upon me...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine take their sweet time! Dexter usually sits on her hammock under the UVB before she gets moving.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh they all different Diego goes straight under his light wen he wakes up but Boris dnt.move.for a while takes hom an hour or so to wake up properly. Id take the paper off when the stress lines go away id give it a week or so they get wot i like to call moving sickness when they get 2 a new home so just give him time. :) sounds like u doin a great job ur little guy just needs time to relise u aint gunna hirt him or let him cum to any harm.

still_crimson

Hatchling Dragon
Well Sachi still isn't in retreated in veggies and today has refused crickets. She just States at them. I also found a decent sized pile of wet smoothed Crockett pays in her cage. It looks like she threw up. Up until today she had been eating crickets like crazy and she is acting OK. Some of the crickets are a bit big as the pet shop has all different sizes housed together. Could it be because she agree a cricket too big for her yesterday and is turned her off of crickets for a while because she threw up? Should I be concerned? I looked at her and her stress marks are gone.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's possible she ate a cricket too big or she ate too much, too fast. Just like us they have off days so see what happens tomorrow. Keep offering the salad but just remember that when they are little they won't show much interest in it.

still_crimson

Hatchling Dragon
Will the day before last Sachi ate 3 crickets. Last night she had around 7. She seems to be acting just fine. No more throwing up so far. My house doesn't go below 69 at night but the night before I found the throw up I turned off the heat lamp. So I'm wondering if that could have played a part. Still offering veggies and today mixed the romaine with some red leaf lettuce and gave a little finely chopped orange Bell pepper. So I guess I'll see how she does with that. The thermometer reads at about 88. Still not under the baking lamp but on the side of the glass, but that's with the heat lamp on as well. Still waiting for funds for a digital thermometer. Also I went to the pet shop to see about a higher wattage day lamp and the lady didn't want to sell or to me because she said Sachi is eating and seems to be don't fine and she had been through so much that changing or the light might cause her more stress and to just get her going first. I am confused because I don't think the temp is getting up to 100, but there are times she moved away from the light and sits lower, so am I to take that as a sign that she's warm enough? Also what size do you guys house your adults in? I know it's a ways off but going to take me a while to save up. I've read anywhere between 40 to 75 gallons. Any thoughts on the largest exo terra setup?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I wudnt do ewt till u have the digital thrmo and can check them properly.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Make sure you feed her 2 hours before she goes to bed. They need a good 2 hours of light/heat to help with digestion. It could be possible she ate too close to bed time and she didn't have the chance to digest her food that night.

I LOVE my exo terra tanks! I have the big one 36"x18"x18", if you keep an eye out sometimes Petsmart has them on sale. I am only 5 feet tall so having the two doors in the front help so much. I couldn't imagine having to reach down into something to get them out!

still_crimson

Hatchling Dragon
Well I know I need the digital thermometer still but I was finally able to pick up a 150 watt dome and a new 100 watt exo terra sun glo daylight basking lamp. For now I will just keep checking the thermometer I do have on the back wall of the tank and watch Sachi. The dome is a Fluker's and has a dimmer switch so I can turn it down if need be. She is doing real well and her tummy is finally getting nice and round. Still not to sue about the lettuce but looms like she is eating some. She always eats at least the bell peppers now.

still_crimson

Hatchling Dragon
Ooh, also I was finally able to get a really good measurement. She is about 7 1/2 inches from top of nose to tip of tail. Any idea on how old she might be?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ooh, also I was finally able to get a really good measurement. She is about 7 1/2 inches from top of nose to tip of tail. Any idea on how old she might be?

Age is pretty hard to determine based on length.... Only real way is to know hatch date..... Otherwise it's a guess......

Here are 3 of mine...... All same clutch...... All same hatch date......

This is when I first got them..... 12/26/13
uploadfromtaptalk1401816199412.jpg

This is them now.....
uploadfromtaptalk1401816199412.jpg

All different sizes.... All feed same schedule etc..........

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401816233847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401816233847.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 13