• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thinking of retiring Dozer.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thats the question. Should I or shouldnt I.
He has fathered 500 poopers. I have His Son and His Daughter in the fold.
Pumpkin is proven. DJ is not.
How do you rehome a dragon like this???...lol
I wouldnt even know what to ask for Him....lol
Opinions please.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How many males (proven) do you have now, Tom ?

I'd keep him until you have another proven male. Doesn't have to be his line either...

He's a looker that's for sure..
Hope this helps....

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Titan is proven. However He is as bright as a stump and I think it was an accident....lol
Louie is supposedly proven but since he is down at the moment I havent proven Him out personally.
DJ doesnt seem to have His pops purpose....lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So only one proven... Seems to me that would be putting your eggs into one basket Tom...
Just my personal opinion for all that is worth...

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Take a look at Dozer's age and whether or not the rate of fertility has dropped in the last clutches or if it's still holding strong. he's an avid breeder, but it's time the kids learned the lesson at hand. Like all boys.........practice makes perfect right?

hold him off this upcoming year, and let the young men try their skills. If "pops" needs to jump in, then he's available.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Far be it for a newbie like me to make suggestions, but my feeling is that you should hold him over for one more season.

After that I would keep him on purely as a pet. I would not sell or rehome him.

Latest posts