• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thinking about an in-the-wall tank ? ... :S

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My room isnt very big and my parents are reely particular about space...
so i was wondering if any of you have or have had tanks in your wall ?
did you do it yourself ?
did it cost alot ?
Any details or information/sudjestions would be awsome !
thanksss :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you take a look through the section "bearded dragon habitats", there are many pics of people lairs there. Some are bought and some are home made. You can make a lair with not too much expense. Just remember...for an adult the smallest size that is appropriate is a 40 gallon breeder. So if you don't want to buy to tanks...start with one that big even for you baby. You can section it off for his size and take the sectioning out as he gets bigger.

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
okaay thanks :) and how often would i need to clean it ? and how would i clean it ? is there any types of cleaners i can and cant use ?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cleaning depends on what you are using for substrate. If you are using something like tiles, it makes for a much easier clean. You can use Clorox of Lysol wipes to clean daily poops and messes. As for full cleaning, that would be about once a month give or take. 10% Clorox and 90% water is the best. Just make sure that you rinse, rinse, rinse well.

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so as far as cleaning the tank out completely , they arent very messy ?
(my dad would be happy to hear this ! :p)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
so as far as cleaning the tank out completely , they arent very messy ?
(my dad would be happy to hear this ! )

The messy would also depend on substrate mostly.
They love to dig in sand and get it EVERYWHERE, so sand=messy
If like Lisa suggested you go with tiles or newspaper or paper towels. A lot cleaner, no mess exept for daily poops.
Oh and mybe some salad scattered here and there ;D

Latest posts