• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Think I've. Sussed it... 10wk old beardie not eating/drinking

Splreece

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

My 10wk.old.beardie isn't eating or drinking.. Maybe 1 worm a day... Think I now. Know. Why... Her legs and tail have turned a lighter shade to body overnight.. Hope that means a likely shed....

Attachments

• IMG_20200818_105929.jpg
    IMG_20200818_105929.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi all,

My 10wk.old.beardie isn't eating or drinking.. Maybe 1 worm a day... Think I now. Know. Why... Her legs and tail have turned a lighter shade to body overnight.. Hope that means a likely shed....
Yeah, sounds like it might be it. My baby did the same thing his first shed and is doing it now during his second shed. It's stressful for sure and I don't like how thin he gets during. Sigh. Hope your baby sails through and his appetite picks back up.

Splreece

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi can I ask how he’s getting his water. Like do you have a bowl for him in his tank or so you have another system? Also when was the last time he went to the bathroom?
I have a bowl in tank.. But he ignores it.. So it's a daily bath and dribble water over the nose and mouth..

And pooing daily... Luckily...

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have a bowl in tank.. But he ignores it.. So it's a daily bath and dribble water over the nose and mouth..

And pooing daily... Luckily...
Ya I had to do that with my beardie too, they can be very stubborn when it comes to drinking water by themselves. As for his appetite they shouldn’t be eating that little. Maybe try giving him some crickets or a different type of worm. Make sure not to give them mealworms because they tend not to be the healthiest thing for baby beardies

Latest posts