• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

the paranoia of being a newbie again ....

tarichardi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
After having my other beardie for so long, I feel like such a paranoid mother with a new baby beardie.
We have only had our new guy, Horton Who, for a few days and I'm all freaked out by him doing anything that could be the slightest slightes slightest hint of anything wrong. He happily ate his crickets this morning and a bit of salad this afternoon, made a cute (if possible) poop( well, compared to adult beardie poop it was cute) and has even started to shed around the back of his head.

All that said, he is kind of quite this afternoon. Sitting still more than the previous two days and he didn't make an insane run for it when I picked him up today. Am I totally paranoid or is seeming a bit lethargic? :-\
Maybe it's because the loss of our adult is still relatively fresh (3 months ago).
*sigh*
Thanks for reading,
Ashlee

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you just recently got your baby yes? he may still be going through a little bit of relocation stress so i wouldnt worry too much

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Relocation stress happens with a lot of beardies when you bring them home. They need to adjust to their surroundings. As long as he is eating and pooping regularly, you should be fine.

Another thought - you mentioned that you had a beardie before. I don't recall how long it has been and some care items may have changed. Has anyone gone over your setup with you? Temps and UV are very important in the life of a beardie.

And you are not being paranoid. These guys keep us on our toes. You are showing that you are a concerned, responsible parent. It's nice to see. :D

Latest posts