• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The New editions.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok 1st the 6 babys. They are about a week old and very tiny. ( NOT BABYS I BRED)
IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

This is Belinda she is 356 grams about 2 years old. she is gravid and in ok health.
IMG_3696.jpg

This is Short Round. She is about a year old. she is only 198 grams she has already been bred. (NOT BY ME)
She will never breed again. I will get her up to speed and find Her a home.
IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

I just want to stress that these are not dragons I have bred or tried to sell. These where poopers I picked up at the show.
Tom

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Nice pick ups Tom ;D, are you trying to start a "normal" line. What's their background? Did you end up selling your poopers?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im going to Keep Belinda Francis and set up a normal blood line.
I just like them
I sold some of mine at the show, so no complaints.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Those little ones are cute! Glad you took them-too young for them to be sold. Poor little Short Round, she's looking awfully thin in the tail base! You'll have her healthy in no time!

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
TheWolfmanTom said:
I just like them

Do you have a mate in mind for her in your stock or are you going to source new blood? This is a very intriguing project in which i feel you may be alone in (sadly with the morph mentality over there). What are you hoping to achieve from it results wise?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just like a normal look. Im not going to breed as heavy on that line like some of my other projects, but I think some nice healthy normals are a great change of pace. I have a male in mind from my stock as well as being on the lookout for 1 other.
Updates as things start to happen...hehehehehe ;)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
TheWolfmanTom said:
I just like them

Do you have a mate in mind for her in your stock or are you going to source new blood? This is a very intriguing project in which i feel you may be alone in (sadly with the morph mentality over there). What are you hoping to achieve from it results wise?

Not trying to hijack your thread tom just wanted to comment to francis. man if you give it another maybe 10 years or so (least as i see it) the "normal" bearded dragon will be the "hard to find" morph, and i think people will start wanting them. I mean now that leathers are popping up in pet stores lol.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a very intriguing project in which i feel you may be alone in (sadly with the morph mentality over there). What are you hoping to achieve from it results wise?

I think some nice healthy normals are a great change of pace.

Kudos Tom. And Francis he's not alone. The normals that haven't been degraded by the breeding industry have the best size, best disposition and diverse genetics. It's an absolute PITA trying to trace that information. they get passed around like mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving because they are "just normals", but they are beautiful.

In time Tom, you'll be glad you made this decision! whoot

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*thoughtfully looks over a certain room that Currently houses a feline and a homo sapien... hmmmmm is that somewhere I can build more vivs ?? Hmmmm*
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No doubts there !
They might be "plain" but jeese.. I'd rather that then the multicolored "horse of a different color" that has health issues bred into it !
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i dont blame you on wanting normals...i love the normals too nd it broke my heart when i had to sell lizzy...i think you are doin a very smart thing by making that line...normals are becoming so damn hard to find...i saw one get sold for $1000 a couple months back and i was blown away

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
i dont blame you on wanting normals...i love the normals too nd it broke my heart when i had to sell lizzy...i think you are doin a very smart thing by making that line...normals are becoming so damn hard to find...i saw one get sold for $1000 a couple months back and i was blown away

omg....you were the person with the dragon named lizzy...i couldnt remember who had it......and your making my banner with my lizard as lizzy......im sorry....you probably dont like making a banner with your old dragons name on it.... :-[

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:

a grand wow. id venture to say that there was more to the sale. like was this a male or female? if it was a female did it make note of how many clutches she would lay per breeding? The reason i ask that is cause most of the people that breed normals (however unfortunate) tend to breed them specifically for the wholesale (pet store) market. where they breed out many thousands a year (i liken it to a puppy mill) to sell to retail stores.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Incidently, do you guys know or have recently seen in the market over there lately the "grey and black" coloured normals or is the phase non-exixtent over there now?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ilovecacti said:
beardielover17 said:

omg....you were the person with the dragon named lizzy...i couldnt remember who had it......and your making my banner with my lizard as lizzy......im sorry....you probably dont like making a banner with your old dragons name on it.... :-[

crypticdragons said:
beardielover17 said:
i dont mind at all! its a great name!
a grand wow. id venture to say that there was more to the sale. like was this a male or female? if it was a female did it make note of how many clutches she would lay per breeding? The reason i ask that is cause most of the people that breed normals (however unfortunate) tend to breed them specifically for the wholesale (pet store) market. where they breed out many thousands a year (i liken it to a puppy mill) to sell to retail stores.
it was a male i think and it was labeled as "rare normal morph bearded dragon"

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would like to chime in here and say that although both of my dragons are very beautiful with all their color,that's not why I chose them. I was sent pictures of different dragons and chose each of them according to my reaction to them. The first beardie I ever saw was a normal and he was the most handsome,loving,adorable little fella. I wouldn't take any thing for mine,but would definately buy a normal if I was to ever be looking for another and found one that "spoke" to me as my 2 did when I saw their pictures. Or if it was to steal my heart like Buddy did,sadly Buddy passed on recently and I miss his snuggles dearly.

Latest posts