• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

the General Drossks new home

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
i just got a 40gal breeder tank for 59.99 at petco they had a sale for more than 50% off and i could not pass up that offer. Here are a few pics of his current tank set up let me know what you guys think.
IMG_1151.jpg

i have moved his hide-a-log more to the left and move his lights a bit more to the right since these were taken
IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

and bath time in the sink
IMG_1154.jpg

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
i wouldnt use sand, because it can cause impaction and respiratory infections. i would use the following; tile, reptile carpet, or slate/ceramic tile.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i wouldnt use sand, because it can cause impaction and respiratory infections. i would use the following; tile, reptile carpet, or slate/ceramic tile.
Childrens washed play sand is an acceptable substrate so long as the BD is over 10" long and it has been strained for any larger pieces. It does not have a binding agent in it like calcium sand does for instance... and would only lead to any kind of infection if it wasn't taken care of. As long as husbandry is kept up to par, there is nothing wrong with using childrens washed play sand.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
When ever he goes to the restroom it's cleaned as soon as its seen. And I rake the sand about once a week to mix it up.

Latest posts