• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The FUNNIEST & WEIRDIST lizards you will ever see...seriously have to see this!!

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
MY LIZARDS ARE REALLY FUNNY & WEIRD.....They are sleeping...

ozzyprincess1.jpg
Ozzy & Princess sleeping...

ozzyprincess.jpg
Here they are sleeping again...

dristenOzzy3.jpg
Ozzy sleeping..

dristenOzzy2.jpg
Princess sleeping...

dristenozzy1-1.jpg
Ozzy again with Dristen petting him...

DristenOzzy-1.jpg
Ozzy is so funny...

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have to ask this because this could be dangerous. Were the lizards placed on their backs? Because I have never seen a beardie intentionally lie on it's back. I ask because I have heard that bearded dragons lack the power to breath while on their back due to lack of a diaphram muscle. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. People often mistake it for "sleeping" when in fact it is the lizard passing out from oxygen deprivation.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well my friend's beardie was thrown against a wall by her previous owners and is now unable to use her back legs as her spine was broken. she flips herself over on her back all the time and has even gone all night on her back. from what i hear, it's an almost daily thing. *shrugs* so i don't know.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have to ask this because this could be dangerous. Were the lizards placed on their backs? Because I have never seen a beardie intentionally lie on it's back. I ask because I have heard that bearded dragons lack the power to breath while on their back due to lack of a diaphram muscle. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. People often mistake it for "sleeping" when in fact it is the lizard passing out from oxygen deprivation.

Yes I have heard this NUMEROUS times as well. Almost everyone says NEVER to put them on their backs as they can die . . . if kept in that position too long.
Is this true or not ??? People also say to only do it when the beardie shows little signs of life and when you flip them on their backs they will try to move due to trouble breathing.
This one lady I know thinks its really funny to flip hers over, the poor thing will squirm and then go still - she says awwwwwwwwww look he went to sleep, meanwhile the poor baby is passed out from lack of oxygen.

Can someone mre knowlegeable please give the correct info here. Cos now I am confused - Unless like Justus said, they were intentionally put in this position for the "cute" factor.

well my friend's beardie was thrown against a wall by her previous owners and is now unable to use her back legs as her spine was broken. she flips herself over on her back all the time and has even gone all night on her back. from what i hear, it's an almost daily thing. *shrugs* so i don't know.

Did she tell you this Crystal or did you see this ??? Cos its really confusing me now.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the same info as Justus. No diaphram so it is very hard for them to breath on their backs. Hate to be a downer but I don't think you should be doing this anymore. Also be very careful with the baby around the adult. In a split second it could turn to aggression and the little one can be killed.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is a cute pic but a dangerous position for a beardie to be in. The do not have diaphragms and they don't breath properly when like that.

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the info guys, I had no idea that was the case....a friend of ours told us that if you put them on their backs & rubbed in a certain area that they would fall asleep, so my son had been trying it.....I never put the 2 of them together either, except for that time just for the picture!!! But once again, thanks for the heads up....we will no longer do it!!!!!

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
No problem. I didn't want it to look like I was flaming your post. I just don't want your beardies to suffer any harm :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sorry we all kind of jumped on you, just trying to pass the info along to you. It does have a cute factor to it.

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just thought it was really cute!!! I would never want my babies to be hurt!!! Nor would my son!! I know no one meant to upset me or wahtever, but it freaked me out.....Like I said, I just thought everyone thought it might be qite humerous!!!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most people don't want to hurt their pets. Sometimes people get incorrect information which can lead to dangerous situations. Now you have one more piece of correct information about your beardies. Would love to see other pics of your beardies.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most people don't want to hurt their pets. Sometimes people get incorrect information which can lead to dangerous situations. Now you have one more piece of correct information about your beardies. Would love to see other pics of your beardies.

I agree. We would love other pics of the 2 of them.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ditto. I don't want you to be discouraged from posting pics of your beardies here. Whenever you get a chance I'd love to see pics of them, maybe their vivs as well. ;)

Latest posts