• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The build is coming

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
So question. If I build A 4ft by 2ft by 3ft high, would a uvb at the top be strong enough to hit the bottom? I'm thinking of building a platform that's like 2 feet off the bottom of the cage, so if I put one on top so if he's on the platform and maybe one under it for if he's on the ground? Or should I not go 3ft high

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would go with as much floor space as you can. Height is a bonus but more room to run around is best

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413330880.557845.jpg

Stress marks?

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413335523.430105.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413335535.700073.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413335544.734612.jpg

So I rearranged and took out some things because I read around that "basic" is sometimes better and they want floor space. I will still be building a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft this weekend but I don't want him to be stressed until then.

Opinions are always nice.

Basking spot under the light is around 115. The log hide to the side is about 107
And the cooler side is 86 right now.

I just noticed his stress marks today but I've seen and pet him everyday so maybe it's something new?

Right now the cage is 3ft by 16" high.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
where are they ? i never saw them and im a new owner
All of those lines on the underside of the belly are "stress marks" they look like a design but they shouldn't be there. On top is fine that is there design but to the best of my knowledge the belly should be white

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My little guy has stress marks too lately, nothings changed in his tank either. Then when I take him out he is fine, I think he just wants attention LOL!

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
My little guy has stress marks too lately, nothings changed in his tank either. Then when I take him out he is fine, I think he just wants attention LOL!

I took some stuff out of his cage so it wasn't so clustered! Not sure if it worked, I have a feeling that they may just be from being rehomed after 2 years and getting a different diet and new cage. I've had him for almost two months im not sure how long it takes him to feel "at home" again

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I need to find out where to buy the runners for plexiglass or glass. I bought the last ones off amazon for like 8 dollars but if I can buy them from a store locally the perfect!

krystal&otto

Bearded Dragon Egg
The marks can also just be normal. Some dragons have more than others. Some have none at all. Also could be from temps etc. Not always necessarily stress. My bd's marks show more often when he is basking.

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
The marks can also just be normal. Some dragons have more than others. Some have none at all. Also could be from temps etc. Not always necessarily stress. My bd's marks show more often when he is basking.

I swear I worry about this guy more than I worry about myself haha

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
That's why I built a big enclosure! It would be nice if you could understand what they want, because I just have to assume that the heat and uvb is correct haha

Latest posts