• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The baby ingested cricket quencher

Jaxxisyourfix

Bearded Dragon Egg
This may sound like a strange concern but I was feeding him lunch and when I was dropping the crickets into his terrarium a cube of the cricket quencher fell in and I immediately tried to pull it out but he's so quick and runs and eats anything that falls into the terrarium. He ate it and I dunno if I should be worried because I know it has food coloring in it. The only good thing is that I know it has water and calcium in it. Should I be worried?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, I would pay extra attention to this dragon hydration needs. Be sure this dragon is bathed daily and i would feed any horn worms or silk worms you may have. This is of one of the reasons we do not use silicon products. Water crystals are designed to absorb moisture. It will in any way shape or form draw in any moisture it can. Meaning it will pull moisture from your animal.

Here is a link to a Veterinarians thread on a chameleon that ingested a similar based product. http://www.chameleonforums.com/warn...ently-caused-death-one-my-carpet-chams-84932/

Its not to scare you as i hope everything turns out well for your dragon but it is to learn from.

Jaxxisyourfix

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've been looking into it since the incident. I'll pay very close attention to him for a while. He didn't eat the Orange Cubes, so I'm hoping the swelling won't be a problem like that person's chameleon. I'll bath him more frequently for about a week. I'm using phoenix worms because horned worms are still too big for him at the moment, hopefully that'll suffice. If he starts acting strangely or loses his appetite I'll take him to the vet ASAP. Thank you both so much for your quick responses. I'm glad I joined this forum as a first time beardie owner, I've already learned so much from reading things on here.

Latest posts