• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thank you and good news!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you all for helping me get Slyder set up and health.

Today I went and got 30 more crickets, this has been enough food to last him a week. This is no longer the case. I have to go back to the store tomorrow and get him more crickets...he ate 20 of them today!!!! ;D I am so happy to see that he is starting to get health and eating more, not yet as much as he should but this is the best day so far.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
great stuff glad its workin out well for you, if i was you i would look into buyin live food in bulk it works out alot cheaper
paul

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I plan to buy in bulk I was just waiting for him to eat more. I can not remember who said put worms under the greens to make them move so the beardie will eat them, but it worked. thank you.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If it was putting silk worms in the veggies that was one of my tricks and the only thing that worked. So glad to hear that your baby is doing so great!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Boogiesmom said:
If it was putting silk worms in the veggies that was one of my tricks and the only thing that worked. So glad to hear that your baby is doing so great!
Yes not that I see your name and picture I remember you telling the other new person with a baby who would not eat that trick. I have Phoenix worms that I put under there but the worm under green trick is great, thank you so much.

fergie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You should try a combination of the darkest of green veggies and also, red peppers, our beardie loves them, although we don't give her too much of the peppers, she also LOVES green beans (we pop out the inner seed) and superworms as well. She does get silk worms on occasion as they are much like french fries, too much of that is not good for them.

Always use a good quality mineral dust as well with every meal. We feed our beardie outside of her viv, she much prefers that and she has really bonded with my wife who was horribly scarred of beardies, now look at her!

Be persistent and keep an eye on her poop as well, as gross as that is, it's important and will tell you the health of your beardie as well.

Have fun!! ;D

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Beardie family,

Silkworms, roaches, and crickets are main staples. Are you sure you mean silkworms? They are soft body worm that are off white and can grow up to 2 inches. Their thickness is like a pencil when full grown. They can also come with black stripes know as zebra silks. Check Mulberryfarms.com to see what I am talking about because if you are talking silks someone has given bad advise to you as they are great feeders.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He will not eat outside his viv but I did find another trick to get him to eat veggies. I dangle them in front of his face and move them a little bit. He happily chomped down some parsley today. He has been such a good pooper too. He is pooping twice a day now and large amounts. He is funny too, he hangs by his front feet off his stick with his back legs dangling and poops while hanging off. I am no longer worried if he is going to make it. His color, weight, hydration, energy and apatite is so much better. I can't tell you all thank you enough for helping me get his proper set up and getting him health. Slyder would also like to say thank you for helping him.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Family said:
...She does get silk worms on occasion as they are much like french fries, too much of that is not good for them.

Silkworms are actually a great staple for bearded dragons. And if memory serves me right, I believe this is the main staple for them in the wild. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Now wax worms, on the other hand, are candy for beardies and should be offered on occasion.

Latest posts