• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

thank you all

to the people who responded to my post

• !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • !

• !

• !

• Total voters

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you so much for responding to my post about introducing dragons!Also to the person who sent me that link!I adopted 2 beardies about 6 weeks ago and the people that gave them to me always had them together and the female is always just laying around and very slow at everything i have to separate the when feeding live food because he will just grab everything in a hurry and she is very sloooowwww!she is very flabby too!I feed then carrots,kale, spinach,crickets,superworms and also pinkies once a month but her I give her a pinky about every three weeks..she eats everything but never fattens up! I have been pulling my hair out trying new things..they had mites but i took care of them the night i got them and treated them and the tank for 1 month.threw out everything that was in the tank!!! they are gone and have been gone for a few weeks now!but she still looks bad to me her color looks good..so anyway after reading that link that one of you gave me im guessing its total STRESS from the male being over dominate and im buying her a new tank tonight!!!I also went on a website this morning called parazap and i bought someparazap for her incase she had intestinal parasites! any advice on anything you read on this post will be greatly appreciated.....again thanks everyone!!!

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am sure someone will let you know but pinkies are not good for Bearded dragons. Main staples should be crickets, roaches, or silkworms. As I am new to this forum but not to beardies, I know there is a care sheet on this forum that will tell you all you need to know about the Veggies as well. Glad that you are separating them.

Good luck!

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Boogiesmom said:
I am sure someone will let you know but pinkies are not good for Bearded dragons. Main staples should be crickets, roaches, or silkworms. As I am new to this forum but not to beardies, I know there is a care sheet on this forum that will tell you all you need to know about the Veggies as well. Glad that you are separating them.

Good luck!

Yep, pinkies are bad news. Also, I am partial to Reptaid for treating parasites and stress in dragons - their website is http://www.reptaid.com. I have had a lot of success with my female beardie using Reptaid.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I third that about pinkies. It is great that you are separating them. Good move!

Here is the link to our basic caresheet. It discusses you setup and food. Kale should be offered once in awhile.
Bearded Dragon Care

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ferris2f said:
Thank you so much for responding to my post about introducing dragons!Also to the person who sent me that link!I adopted 2 beardies about 6 weeks ago and the people that gave them to me always had them together and the female is always just laying around and very slow at everything i have to separate the when feeding live food because he will just grab everything in a hurry and she is very sloooowwww!she is very flabby too!I feed then carrots,kale, spinach,crickets,superworms and also pinkies once a month but her I give her a pinky about every three weeks..she eats everything but never fattens up! I have been pulling my hair out trying new things..they had mites but i took care of them the night i got them and treated them and the tank for 1 month.threw out everything that was in the tank!!! they are gone and have been gone for a few weeks now!but she still looks bad to me her color looks good..so anyway after reading that link that one of you gave me im guessing its total STRESS from the male being over dominate and im buying her a new tank tonight!!!I also went on a website this morning called parazap and i bought someparazap for her incase she had intestinal parasites! any advice on anything you read on this post will be greatly appreciated.....again thanks everyone!!!

Im glad the housing writeup opened your eyes a bit to what may have been going on.

Just a warning with the parazap it purposely causes extremely loose stools so dont be extremely shocked by that. also, you will need to soak your dragons that you put on the parazap 2 times a day to keep them hydrated cause the parazap will dehydrate them quickly.

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You mentioned Spinach...not a good idea..the best greens for beardies are Collard green, dandelion greens and squashes...there is a great nutritional website at www.beautifuldragons.com it helped me make the best food choices for my beardie. Hope it helps

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
u also mentioned pinkies... also not a good idea. they're not good for beardies

Latest posts