• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

terrarium vs tank

Toothless182

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm looking to purchase a larger enclosure for my beardie. I would like to know what is better, a terrarium or a tank? And at full growth how large of an enclosure will she need? She's currently in a 20 gallon starter tank. She is 7 months old and growing properly, I feel it's time to expand so she continues to grow at a healthy rate. Any advice is appreciated!!

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Either can work well with dragons, since they have no humidity requirements. With their adult enclosures, the bigger the better really. A general rule for most lizards is an enclosure twice as long as they are, and at least as wide as they are long. Since dragons are about 2 feet long, that would be a 4 foot by 2 foot enclosure.

Toothless182

Bearded Dragon Egg
Either can work well with dragons, since they have no humidity requirements. With their adult enclosures, the bigger the better really. A general rule for most lizards is an enclosure twice as long as they are, and at least as wide as they are long. Since dragons are about 2 feet long, that would be a 4 foot by 2 foot enclosure.

My husband is actually drawing up a custom enclosure for Toothless now. She will hopefully be in her new space by the end of the week.

Latest posts