• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Terrarium Hood Broke!

BugLove007

Bearded Dragon Egg
My son Pulled done the Terrarium hood of of the Dragons cage and it broke. :( Is it possible if I use and Aquarius hood but still use 10.0 UVB Reptisun bulb?? Please help. I can't but another one till Friday.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not entirely sure what the question is but if the close lid broke and your dragon can't escape, he should be fine with the UVB bulb on...

BugLove007

Bearded Dragon Egg
can I use a Aquarium hood with a reptisun UVB bulb "10.0?" My fixture broke and I only have an Aquarium hood would that work?

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
If the bulb fits in the fixture its not a problem. Are you just sitting the hood on top of the screen ?

BugLove007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay good, And yes but it's a different screen top. I posted pics so you can see. I had this tank made just for a Beardie. It's ventilated and has a screen to wide enough for the UVB rays to go through. It is supposed to be safer for them. "no risk of being burned" Do you think it looks okay?

screen.jpg
screenn.jpg

BugLove007

Bearded Dragon Egg
I also have anouther question. I was laying on the floor snuggling/playing with Jell-O and I look up and totally blanked that I have a sealing fan in her room. It has been on for some time now. Do you think it will hurt/harm him? "To much air flow?"

blazedragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
as long as proper temps are kept your beardie will be fine... i have a cealing fan in my room,cjs cage is in my room, and he is doing very well.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That screen is fine for allowing UVB in, but not very good for keeping feeders contained in the enclosure. Your walls appear to be textured, making them climbable by the feeders, with an easy escape route. There is a high risk of escapees, that is why most screens used in enclosures are finer weaved.

As far as the ceiling fan goes, that really depends on a few things, like if the speed/force of the air flow is causing drafts, the ambient temps of the room the enclosure is in & so on.

And yes, as others have said, any kind of a fixture that the bulb will fit into will work, providing that there is nothing solid over the bulb, such as a glass or plastic lens, just the bare bulb. I use under the cabinet fluorescent fixtures exclusively in all of my enclosures for UVB, with the plastic lenses removed, of course, along with tin foil reflectors behind the UVB bulbs.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Feeders can easily climb masking tape ;) , it is 'Packing Tape' that is generally used for this purpose.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Using 'Scotch' Tape or the clear tapes generally used for wrapping presents, etc is generally only .5-.75" wide, not near wide enough, using several rows to make it wider will leave the ridge where they overlap or join, giving texture that feeders can grip or climb, it would also need to be the shiny kind, not the dull type. It is a good quality smooth 2+" packing tape that is required to be used. I use 2 rows giving 3-4" that they would have to traverse to escape, generally making it escape proof for most crawly feeders, but crix simply hop over it at times, a finer screen is still needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts