• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Terms and Definitions

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
I have looked at lots of links on this site but found non that give a first time Beardie owner an idea of what certain terms mean.

Barrel Rolling - I assume it's a classic full roll from standing to standing also known as a crocodile roll?

Star Gazing ?? confused!! Does that mean they look to the lights and stare?

What passes as 'odd' behavior?

Does anybody else have any terms that you don't fully understand or am I just a bit ... silly ... I just want to be sure of things when or if I need to describe a problem :oops:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have never heard the term Barrel Roll & only once, have I ever heard a person describe their BD's activity as stargazing & that was alongside a pic of their dragon looking up, so took it for granted that is what they meant.

Odd behavior would be something that, after becoming familiar with your BD's characteristics & idiosyncrasies, differs from the norm. Many times what may be odd for one, is not necessarily odd for another's personality or normal activity.

The Exclusive Bearded Dragon Library used to have a wonderful BD dictionary explaining terminology used, but Robin hasn't gotten around to recoding that portion of the library yet from her old website format. Neither of those terms were included.

Latest posts