• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temor/Leg Vibrating Help!

Lydzsimmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there,

I have a 10 year old beardie. He’s got the correct viv set-up. Overall he seems pretty healthy, he’s active, he’s eating okay although isn’t too interested in his salad. He has the correct sized locusts and they’re dusted with calcium at every feeding. I’m aware of the risks of MBD as I lost my gecko to it, so I am fairly paranoid about it now. Recently, I’ve started to notice Dobi’s back right leg vibrating every now and again. It’s periodically and is confined to his thigh, lower leg and his toes. It lasts about a minute on and off.

Could this be the beginning of possible MBD?

I really don’t have the fund for a vet trip right now but I am concerned and im definitely keeping an eye on it.

I just wondered if anyone knew what this could be and could settle my nerves a little bit?

Thanks in asvance

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there,

I have a 10 year old beardie. He’s got the correct viv set-up. Overall he seems pretty healthy, he’s active, he’s eating okay although isn’t too interested in his salad. He has the correct sized locusts and they’re dusted with calcium at every feeding. I’m aware of the risks of MBD as I lost my gecko to it, so I am fairly paranoid about it now. Recently, I’ve started to notice Dobi’s back right leg vibrating every now and again. It’s periodically and is confined to his thigh, lower leg and his toes. It lasts about a minute on and off.

Could this be the beginning of possible MBD?

I really don’t have the fund for a vet trip right now but I am concerned and im definitely keeping an eye on it.

I just wondered if anyone knew what this could be and could settle my nerves a little bit?

Thanks in asvance
What is the correct UVB lighting your using? Vibrating is not good- and can be a sign of MBD --- please NO coils for a UVB ---

Lydzsimmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is the correct UVB lighting your using? Vibrating is not good- and can be a sign of MBD --- please NO coils for a UVB ---
Arcadia T5 10% 25W

Attachments

• F7699EB3-B3FE-4B8F-8BF1-376A6797BD07.jpeg
    F7699EB3-B3FE-4B8F-8BF1-376A6797BD07.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Arcadia T5 10% 25W
Ok please get a fixture w/ a reflector-- those rays are going all over the tank- you want them directed downward toward him so I am thinking he's developing mbd--- I also recommend a Arcadia 12% bulb a good fixture is a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb--- please get a CLEAR bright white basking bulb example exo Terra intense basking bulb-- please get the distance at least 6 inches I recommend 8 above the basking decor-- the yellowish bulb is giving no UVA-- if you need more help please ask the uvb fixture will need to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- also you need to get surface temps not air- 95-100 for adult

Lydzsimmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please get a fixture w/ a reflector-- those rays are going all over the tank- you want them directed downward toward him so I am thinking he's developing mbd--- I also recommend a Arcadia 12% bulb a good fixture is a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb--- please get a CLEAR bright white basking bulb example exo Terra intense basking bulb-- please get the distance at least 6 inches I recommend 8 above the basking decor-- the yellowish bulb is giving no UVA-- if you need more help please ask the uvb fixture will need to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- also you need to get surface temps not air- 95-100 for adult
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-d3-reptile-lamp-t5-12-uvb is this the one?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's the bulb but it needs to be on a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank a pro T 5 ty that comes w/ a 12% bulb on that website- please get one it is very important
How tall is your tank?

Lydzsimmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/ar...Jn88XDULp7ZydCglsust2EhoCUzwQAvD_BwE#142=9266

https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-prot5-kit-dragon-14

https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-t5-reflectors

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/...Vzph6SDhccMr7iEvTVxoCfDoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

these are the current purchases I am thinking of making. Are these correct before I purchase? Also I can only spare up to £70 so what is absolutely paramount I purchase first? UVB and reflectors & new calcium supplement? And wait until pay day for the basking lamp?

many thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the basking light make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get the temp where she sits you DO NOT want to burn her up -- and get it raised please -
the Pro T 5 w/ 12% bulb NOT the 14% unless your tank is 24" high you can get it but your tank MUST BE 24" high -- its too strong of a bulb for a lower height
you can wait on the calcium for now
the most important thing in that tank is your basking temps and the UVB -- once the UVB is in there she will get some calcium from that as its going to help her absorb / synthesize the calcium she is getting from her salads etc -- your gonna want two of there but for now get one -- you MUST have this for the new basking bulb --
https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-digital-thermometer or this one
you will also want to get a digital probe hygrometer but for now you can wait -- get the UVB and the basking light they are imperative

Lydzsimmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there so I have got everything that you said, he has the Arcadia 12% now positioned 14 inches away from decor with reflectors. And a uva 100w basking bulb. As well as heat lamp. With the old Arcadia 10% bulb, can you put both in or should I keep it as a spare? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there so I have got everything that you said, he has the Arcadia 12% now positioned 14 inches away from decor with reflectors. And a uva 100w basking bulb. As well as heat lamp. With the old Arcadia 10% bulb, can you put both in or should I keep it as a spare? Thanks
Keep as a spare but you want to change your new bulb out in approx 1 year I recommend a month prior to- a heat lamp ?? Is this a ceramic heat emitter? Your uvb is inside the tank? Please date the 10% so you know old how it is if you have to use it---they dont expire when sitting it's after use-- did you get the digital probe thermometer-?

Lydzsimmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Keep as a spare but you want to change your new bulb out in approx 1 year I recommend a month prior to- a heat lamp ?? Is this a ceramic heat emitter? Your uvb is inside the tank? Please date the 10% so you know old how it is if you have to use it---they dont expire when sitting it's after use-- did you get the digital probe thermometer-?
So there’s a uva 100w basking lamp, uvb 12% Arcadia t5 with reflectors positioned at one hot end, reading 38 degrees Celsius. Then a cooler end reading 26 degrees st the moment

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 31252
I copied this set up basically however don’t have the che yet
You can use the CHE to get higher ambient temps in the tank --- but you want that bright white basking bulb for them to bask under --- 110 is going to be too hot for a 6 month old dragon and older -- they tend to like the 95-100 temps -- you basically want the middle of your tank 90's -- the CHE is for night time temps if they are falling below 65 at nite -- I would get a regular basking bulb set up in the middle of the tank a lower wattage bulb like 75 or so -- if your tank is a 40 gallon try a 50 watt -- NO back wall for the UVB --- you want it as close to the basking bulb as possible if not place in the center of the tank w/ a basking bulb - I have 2 basking areas for my dragons- one hot side far back corner and one middle center front of tank w/ the UVB there

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts