• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I took the cave out of Jessie tank because his bugs was hiding under it so here how it looks now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381016887.123798.jpg

CalebL

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please remove the sand as it will kill them after a couple years. Replace with paper towel. The terrarium looks good but it could use a few more furnishings lol Like another log or some fake vegetation to spruce things up a bit.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
The dragon doesn't care how much stuff is in there they like it where they can move around thank you Why do you say the sand will kill them in a couple of years?

CalebL

Bearded Dragon Egg
As I said in another post the sand will build up in their stomach causing a impaction and killing them. If you have noticed dragons taste everything and in doing so will take in a lot of sand. They can't digest or pass sand so it will stick to their insides, build up and they will die. Please, use paper towel or reptile carpet.

CalebL

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well obviously that's what I ment. Stuff that isn't loose but that's also a good one besides those and its permanent.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It took me forever to make up my mind to switch now I'm thinking of going back to tile. Cause I don't put my dragon in a different container to eat. I have watch them eat never seen them get any sand with the bugs. They get 30min soaking 2times a week

milo0

Hatchling Dragon
I've used sand before and I regretted it. Replacing it is a hassle since you have to scoop out everything, and it starts to stink after a while. Plus, like the others said, it's not worth risking the possibility of impaction.
Use a dark tile to make it look more "natural" if you want. I've got a really nice marbled brown tile for my BD and it looks really great with his rocks and branches. Plus, the clean up is incredibly easy. I rarely have to do a full cage clean up since he's potty trained, but just in general with tile, there's rarely ever any mess. Wipe it down daily, weekly, or monthly with a bleach water solution and bam- clean tank!

Latest posts