• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank Temperature

Krystalortiz24

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hiii, my name is Krystal. So i have a bearded dragon his name is Viserys, i got him around the end of July last year, the store didn’t know his age so i rounded it to two months. II bought the tank starter kit that came with everything when i first got him but recently i bought a thermometer & it says that the tank is 75° with the 75 watt lamp, i noticed he got darker & he’s always hiding under his hammock or going in his cave early so i upgraded it to 100 watt, that didn’t do much of a difference & so i bought the 150° that made his tank to 85° for a few days but dropped right back to 75°. I have the dual dome lamp with one side his basking light & the other side is his uvb light. That’s all i have set up for him. I’m going to upgrade his tank to 120 gallons & buy two heating lamps & the Arcadia UVB. I was wondering if that’s all i need because i don’t know why his tank temperature keeps dropping back down.

Attachments

• IMG_7371.png
    IMG_7371.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 72756354505__DE529D32-976F-4F31-A08B-4F1A65893B51.jpeg
    72756354505__DE529D32-976F-4F31-A08B-4F1A65893B51.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hiii, my name is Krystal. So i have a bearded dragon his name is Viserys, i got him around the end of July last year, the store didn’t know his age so i rounded it to two months. II bought the tank starter kit that came with everything when i first got him but recently i bought a thermometer & it says that the tank is 75° with the 75 watt lamp, i noticed he got darker & he’s always hiding under his hammock or going in his cave early so i upgraded it to 100 watt, that didn’t do much of a difference & so i bought the 150° that made his tank to 85° for a few days but dropped right back to 75°. I have the dual dome lamp with one side his basking light & the other side is his uvb light. That’s all i have set up for him. I’m going to upgrade his tank to 120 gallons & buy two heating lamps & the Arcadia UVB. I was wondering if that’s all i need because i don’t know why his tank temperature keeps dropping back down.
Ok so lets fix the lighting along w/ the temps----- first starter kits are a waste of money and dangerous to the dragon cuz they sell the wrong stuff in those kits---- you want two digital probe thermometers one for the basking side to get surface basking temps of 95-100 for a 6 month + dragon --- next get a solid clear bright white bulb the one in the pic looks like it has a yellowish tint to it --- Exo Terra Intense ---- Flukers basking Walmart sells them on line --- or a Arcadia Halogen -- you can get Repti basking but the quality is not real good they dont last long -- start w/ a 100 watt and go from there - the probe needs to sit on the spot where he basks so you can get the actual surface basking temps--- next this is extremely important ger rid of the coil UVB ---- they are no good and inadequate I am posting 3 good UVB's please get one asap--- your dragon is getting sick ----
24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank the screen on the tank will determine placement and distance so let me know so I can help you get it placed when you get it
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 you will need this bulb the one that comes w/ it is a 5.0 you want a 10.0 T 5
22"https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332 this bulb needs changed out in approx 10-11 months from install
this one can be found at Pet Smart https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle.../products/arcadia-prot5-12-uvb-bulb-with-hood
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the one posted above the Reptisun
you want the 24" or 2 ft fixture
Sunblaster Nano Tech https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
Please get the tank up to par your dragon will eventually quit eating as the coil UVB is not allowing for the calcium hes getting to be absorbed and utilized properly --

Latest posts