• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank size

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
I have a 13 month old dragon. But am not sure when he will need a bigger tank. I do not feel he is very active and wonder if its due to space. He has a 40gal. Tank.
Heat lamp is a 150 watt bulb.
Uvb bulb is in the tank and was purchased in aug.
Heat side is 79 40% humidity
Cool side is 73 49% humidity.
We get him out but he dosent walk atound much, he will usually go under a chair and hide.
He eats greens and veggies really well. Eats crickets and horn worms.
Poops well and normal.
Just not sure if he is active enough. Seems happy and healthy. But seems to sit on bamboo and nap stays here most of the evening, moves more in morning. Dosent use alot of his climbers or swing.
16974152074214833744643616817300.jpg
16974152223476297723958794727290.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 13 month old dragon. But am not sure when he will need a bigger tank. I do not feel he is very active and wonder if its due to space. He has a 40gal. Tank.
Heat lamp is a 150 watt bulb.
Uvb bulb is in the tank and was purchased in aug.
Heat side is 79 40% humidity
Cool side is 73 49% humidity.
We get him out but he dosent walk atound much, he will usually go under a chair and hide.
He eats greens and veggies really well. Eats crickets and horn worms.
Poops well and normal.
Just not sure if he is active enough. Seems happy and healthy. But seems to sit on bamboo and nap stays here most of the evening, moves more in morning. Dosent use alot of his climbers or swing. View attachment 34804View attachment 34805
Yes you need a bigger tank - optimal size for a adult dragon is a 4x2x2 tank --- I would be getting him out of the 40 gallon as soon as you can
www.zenhabitats.com these come w/ stainless steel screen w/ bars running vertical inside to hang your UVB
www.symptonbsf.com
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://apcages.com/collections/ap-signature-series-cage-line/products/apst12-48lx24dx24h I dont know of anyone having one of these tank but I like the swing doors that swing out and you can get it in white - black is so dark --
https://talkingserpents.com/product/p-v-c-reptile-enclosure-kit-4w-x-2d-x-2h/ the partial screen is nice that way you can keep the basking bulb on top -- the cord feature is nice too - I would have it opposite of where the vent is going to go if getting one of these
Please look at all the tanks and what they have to offer

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
Yes you need a bigger tank - optimal size for a adult dragon is a 4x2x2 tank --- I would be getting him out of the 40 gallon as soon as you can
www.zenhabitats.com these come w/ stainless steel screen w/ bars running vertical inside to hang your UVB
www.symptonbsf.com
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://apcages.com/collections/ap-signature-series-cage-line/products/apst12-48lx24dx24h I dont know of anyone having one of these tank but I like the swing doors that swing out and you can get it in white - black is so dark --
https://talkingserpents.com/product/p-v-c-reptile-enclosure-kit-4w-x-2d-x-2h/ the partial screen is nice that way you can keep the basking bulb on top -- the cord feature is nice too - I would have it opposite of where the vent is going to go if getting one of these
Please look at all the tanks and what they have to offer
My current tank is 36x17x17.

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
150 watt is a pretty serious bulb, you could get away with 100 watt, although not sure how your temp is still so low. You want ambient in the mid 80s if you can with a basking spot surface temp around 95-110F preferably place the heat light over something like a rock that will hold heat. Really you want a 120g+ for an adult beardie as Sadie said 4x2x2.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How are you getting the surface basking temp? IR guns will not read off a hammock - you need a digital probe thermometer-

Latest posts