• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank size, Need help!!!

dragonlover20

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I was wondering how big should a bearded dragon cage be, once it reaches full grown????????
I measured a tank right now that I have and it is....... (21 1/8 height) (12 3/4 width) (4 ft. length) so is that to small for an adult dragon.
THANKS IN ADVANCE,
DRAGONLOVER20 :)

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The height and length are fine but the width may be too narrow. Your Bearded Dragon should grow over 12 inches so in that tank he wouldn't be able to turn around without hitting the other side. I have a 4 foot by 2 foot tank which is just right for mine who is currently 9 months and 16 inches long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The width will probably be too narrow. I'd recommend at least 18" for the width. Your dragon will thank you for the extra space. A 40 gallon breeder tank is usually a good size for an adult beardie.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The tank that you are describing is a 55 Gallon & will provide the absolute bare minimum required for an adult. It is a tall enclosure & can at times be difficult to get the temps right, but can be done. As mentioned, the 40 Gal Breeder type tank provides more floor area (4.5 square feet) & is the better choice.

Latest posts