• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank Pictures

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Slowly coming together.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 141
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 107
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 102
  • wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 111

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
4 rocks, two pieces of wood from outside.

The large basking spot is from a petstore. It's just perfect.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. The last piece of wood seeps some sap so it's going to go back to Petco. Not safe I suppose.

But this set up is looking great. Almost looks like Allie's. I want the bearded dragon to grow into his/her tank.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im assuming u baked the wood...

250 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours for the outside wood. Before that, soaked in bleach and then rinsed for two days, air dried, then baked. I'm not taking any chances. Esp. with the pet store one either. I baked it in the oven for 2 1/2 hours - 3 hours.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I suppose there is a chance of catching something viral (though incredibly slim) from the pet store wood as it's been near other reptiles, but I don't see much reason to bake wood and rocks from outside. Reptile parasites don't live on wood for any length of time and certainly not rocks. Chlorine bleach is probably more of a danger than anything you'd bring in from outside.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had to sanitize every nook and crevice in the tank with Ammonia first, rinsed it really well til there was no smell. Then bleached the tank. Rinsed it really good, air dried it out for several days, then worked on the other pieces. Wood, rocks, plants. I sanitized the plants in hot water, rocks in hot boiling water and bleach. Rinsed off all the rocks, aired them out, and bleached the wood from outside. Other parasites exist and baddies exist.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks. Meantime, Allie visits nearly every day in spirit form which is fine with me. She spent an hour with me the other night, sleeping on my cheek while I catnapped.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That new baby is going to be so spoiled, can't wait to see him/her.

Latest posts