• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taming A Bearded Dragon?

Versiian

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little buddy has always been a little hard to handle. As in, fearful of hands and will scratch you to heck. He’s never bitten. Just gets puffy. I had him his entire life (3 years since May 18th) and have never given him a reason to hate handling. He was skittish when young, so I didn’t handle him much, and sometimes can tolerate being handled today. I only have a top-opening enclosure which I understand isn’t the best since hands are coming from above.

I just want to see if there are some ways to make him more friendly! Even if he ends up being the same as he is, I love him regardless. Here’s a photo of Nibbler, the little bugger, enjoying some sun in a pop-up play pen and dinosaur stuffed animal ❤️

7920D1A9-0D85-45DE-BA24-3E9D4FD40329.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My little buddy has always been a little hard to handle. As in, fearful of hands and will scratch you to heck. He’s never bitten. Just gets puffy. I had him his entire life (3 years since May 18th) and have never given him a reason to hate handling. He was skittish when young, so I didn’t handle him much, and sometimes can tolerate being handled today. I only have a top-opening enclosure which I understand isn’t the best since hands are coming from above.

I just want to see if there are some ways to make him more friendly! Even if he ends up being the same as he is, I love him regardless. Here’s a photo of Nibbler, the little bugger, enjoying some sun in a pop-up play pen and dinosaur stuffed animal ❤️

View attachment 27411
Keep working w/ him-- do you hand feed him? Getting them hand tamed when they are young is important-- take a piece of your clothing or fleece blanket w/ your smell on it place in their hide will also help--- I would just hold him as much as possible- bringing him out to socialize too-- approaching from the side is important

Latest posts