• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taking my juvi bearded dragon on a trip with me

onlinemads

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am leaving for 5 days to do an overnight nannying trip for 4 boys while their mom goes out of town for work. She leaves today and comes back on Friday. I spoke to her about bringing my bearded dragon with me and she says she doesnt mind at all as long as I keep him in their garage, but I am nervous for his health. He has to come with me so I can feed him but I want to reassurance that he will be fine for 4 nights.

I dont want to take his 25 gallon tank so I am going to put him in a 10 gallon for the week, he is only about 7 inches long. I am taking all of this lights (basking light, UVB light, and ceramic heat light) and food but to keep it as minimal as possible I am leaving his hammock behind and just taking his hide/basking rock and a branch (plus food and water bowls). I use sand as a substrate (listen I know everyone says not to use this but he does fine with it, the vet said it was fine, and I feed him circkets on tongs just to be safe) but for this week I am just going to use paper towels/newspaper.

I hate to switch up his routine like this but it's my last trip with her before I move and I really wanted to make the money. Plus the fact that she was fine with bringing him means i really can't complain.

Do you think he will be fine with this set up for 4 nights? I am just trying to keep it simple.

onlinemads

Bearded Dragon Egg
I decided to move him into the room I was staying in. More than it being too hot, I knew it was going to be too humid. My grandparents having an air conditioned garage so I thought this mom might too but she does not.

Hopefully he is as happy as I can make him this week. We won’t ever have to do this again after the move. It might be selfish but it does feel nice to have something of my own while I am here. Makes me feel less lonely.

Latest posts