• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tails seems kinda weird and bent

Applefreak209

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The tip of my beardies tail seems kind of bent idk if the pictures are good. I want to know if I should be concerned and should I see a vet?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Put a litte pressure on the last couple segments of the tail, if she runs of reacts negatively, u have an answer, it looks fine to me my beardies tail looks just like urs, have u seen his tail curl up yet? Into a crescent moon shape?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Make shure theres no stuck shed as well, tail tips are very important to help with sheddding

Applefreak209

Bearded Dragon Egg
So an update, the tip fell off today there was no force and seem to be falling off already by itself. There doesn’t seem to be any black on it’s tail yet. But I did make an appointment with a vet. The bad thing is it’s not until Wednesday. Is there anything I can do in the meantime. I’ve put neosporin for the meantime.

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So an update, the tip fell off today there was no force and seem to be falling off already by itself. There doesn’t seem to be any black on it’s tail yet. But I did make an appointment with a vet. The bad thing is it’s not until Wednesday. Is there anything I can do in the meantime. I’ve put neosporin for the meantime.
I’ve seen others recommend Betadine. 3parts water with 1 part Betadine. “Stir until the mix looks like a dark tea.”

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would never ever advise someone not to seek a vet, if you feel he should be seen check him in, on the other hand this is a pretty low stakes problem, if it was his toes id be concerned , my beardie had a tail nip from a cage mate and tail rot developed , i treated it with a product called “betadine” you should have this in your kit of bearded dragon things, its an antiseptic and anti fungal, make shure its diluted in water (it stains things so be careful) just soak his tail tip in it for 5 mins and wash it off after , it might sting him a little, keep his tank super clean. The vets are gonna give you the same/similar product if they deem it tail rot, they may even amputate a very small segment of his tail , (never ever try and do yourself) i read a post of someone “playing doctor” and wanted to amputate the tip of their bds tail, (dont do that folks)

Latest posts