• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

izzyfoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I’m a new bearded dragon owner and I came across my beardy Ringo 3 weeks ago. Since then I’ve spent alot of money to give him the best opportunity of life as I don’t think he was well looked after in the place before me. About a week ago he started peeling on his tail and the scales underneath were very dark. I’ve bathed him every three days to see if I could help with the shedding. It’s coming off really quickly but the colour underneath is very dark and I’m starting to get worried. I’ve also noticed what looked like to be blood and a dark patch of skin, I’m really not sure what happened. Below is the attached of the tail in his tank, in the bath and the patch that is bloody and the patch after I bathed him. His tail is also very slanted too. I’d really like some help on what I can do to help him, any tips or changes I could make would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 11
  • C38DF6E4-BFA5-4BF8-973E-B5FA29D06E2B.png
    C38DF6E4-BFA5-4BF8-973E-B5FA29D06E2B.png
    13.7 MB · Views: 11
  • E9BC5B29-ECE1-4C65-AB4C-35DC48206492.png
    E9BC5B29-ECE1-4C65-AB4C-35DC48206492.png
    14.1 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I’m a new bearded dragon owner and I came across my beardy Ringo 3 weeks ago. Since then I’ve spent alot of money to give him the best opportunity of life as I don’t think he was well looked after in the place before me. About a week ago he started peeling on his tail and the scales underneath were very dark. I’ve bathed him every three days to see if I could help with the shedding. It’s coming off really quickly but the colour underneath is very dark and I’m starting to get worried. I’ve also noticed what looked like to be blood and a dark patch of skin, I’m really not sure what happened. Below is the attached of the tail in his tank, in the bath and the patch that is bloody and the patch after I bathed him. His tail is also very slanted too. I’d really like some help on what I can do to help him, any tips or changes I could make would be really appreciated.
I am going to have some on look at it for me --- is he housed w/ another dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He isn’t, he’s solitary
ok here is what she replied w/ the tail

The very end has a tiny kink so keep an eye on and the dark spot but the rest just looks dark when it's wet which is normal. Don't bathe the dragon constantly, maybe once a week . Post updates if you see anything getting worse though.

Too many baths dries the scales out -

Latest posts