• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tail rot?

sarie

Bearded Dragon Egg
just got my baby beardie a few weeks ago. is this tail rot or is this normal coloration? thanks. also how often should i clean out his cage?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
It could be shed coming on. My beardie's tail will also turn darker if she's stressed. But it does look weirdly bent- what are you using for uvb? And do you dust the food with calcium? What are you feeding it? A pic of the setup would be helpful if possible

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
just got my baby beardie a few weeks ago. is this tail rot or is this normal coloration? thanks. also how often should i clean out his cage?
Looks like shed --- if there are no injuries to the tail like pinchs or bites from other dragons then you dont need to worry that is how tail rot will start

sarie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looks like shed --- if there are no injuries to the tail like pinchs or bites from other dragons then you dont need to worry that is how tail rot will start
It could be shed coming on. My beardie's tail will also turn darker if she's stressed. But it does look weirdly bent- what are you using for uvb? And do you dust the food with calcium? What are you feeding it? A pic of the setup would be helpful if possible
i use a 10.0 high output uvb strip light that spans the whole cage. he eats dubias dusted in calcium with d3 on mondays, wednesdays, and friday’s. on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays he gets calcium without d3. i also provide him multivitamin supplement by repcal five days a week since he is around a month old. i have a water dish but he doesn’t use it much and he won’t really touch greens yet. currently he is in a forty gallon tank but i’m gonna upgrade to a 120 soon.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i use a 10.0 high output uvb strip light that spans the whole cage. he eats dubias dusted in calcium with d3 on mondays, wednesdays, and friday’s. on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays he gets calcium without d3. i also provide him multivitamin supplement by repcal five days a week since he is around a month old. i have a water dish but he doesn’t use it much and he won’t really touch greens yet. currently he is in a forty gallon tank but i’m gonna upgrade to a 120 soon.
The UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 ? is it inside the tank or top of screen ? this is going to help the healing w/ the tail --- your baby needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated bugs --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated bugs ---- please get some BSFL order medium DO NOT dust them use them as lures to the salad bowl www.symtonbsf.com you will need a bowl like this to keep them
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
the distance for the UVB and placement is crucial

sarie

Bearded Dragon Egg
The UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 ? is it inside the tank or top of screen ? this is going to help the healing w/ the tail --- your baby needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated bugs --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated bugs ---- please get some BSFL order medium DO NOT dust them use them as lures to the salad bowl www.symtonbsf.com you will need a bowl like this to keep them
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
the distance for the UVB and placement is crucial

hello,
i have a t5 high output 10.0 uvb light (reptisun) that sits on top of the screen cage. i keep hearing different things for supplement schedules. can u tell me the breakdown of when best to supplement with d3, calcium without d3, and multivitamin? also, i tried feeding horn worms and black soldier fly larvae and he won’t eat them. if he doesn’t touch greens, how else will i get him to eat? thanks so much