• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail Rot

Mushusmama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please help !! First time owner concerned about tail rot. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you'd like to test for tail rot use your thumb nail and gently press into their tail until they twitch or move away. That means that they can feel it and therefore isn't tail rot. Tail rot usually leads to the tail dying so lets say you are pressing so hard into their tail you are concerned you're about to chop it off and they still haven't twitched. That means that they have no feeling in their tail and that it could possibly be tail rot. Hope I was able to help

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Please help !! First time owner concerned about tail rot. Thoughts?
It doesn’t look like tail rot to me , it looks like a nipped tail, when my beardy was a baby he had a nip aswell. it was darker on the end as how yours looks as well, take a closer pic for us so we can 100% rule that out, if it Is tail rot get some “betadine” , i cant find the right ratio of water to solution so youll need to look it up , soak the tail tip only, he looks like a baby so i highly doubt its tail rot but good for you noticing a slight change in color on his tail, baby’s get stressed and their bellys darken and the tips of their tail can turn dark grey

Latest posts