• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot or shed or nothing?

Nicholas CronauerN

Bearded Dragon Egg
All. Sorry is my first post. Wish it was something more fun. Picked up Elliott at the greater Philadelphia reptile expo last Sunday. He is our first beardie and the family is in love!

We were told he was about 6 weeks old and he is a double het, hypo. Also we were told that one of his clutchmates nipped off the tip his tail.

On Thursday night my wife noticed that the tip of his tail seemed to be turning black. The next day (yesterday) after work we noticed it seems to have gotten worse. We started betadine treatment last night with some original/standard neosporin just in case. Can anyone tell of this is rot or shed or anything to be concerned over? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!!

838c0fad4cd4cc8bef8e220c8d0e2ca2.jpg
615e0733b4c85383ea706a502b9df0c7.jpg
1442472ed7ab6a9f83b96c3d672973e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would take the vet to make sure it's not tail rot. That part may be needing an amputation.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have a vet look at it, especially if you have noticed that it spread. The vet may need to just amputate the tip.

Reptimom

Bearded Dragon Egg
All. Sorry is my first post. Wish it was something more fun. Picked up Elliott at the greater Philadelphia reptile expo last Sunday. He is our first beardie and the family is in love!

We were told he was about 6 weeks old and he is a double het, hypo. Also we were told that one of his clutchmates nipped off the tip his tail.

On Thursday night my wife noticed that the tip of his tail seemed to be turning black. The next day (yesterday) after work we noticed it seems to have gotten worse. We started betadine treatment last night with some original/standard neosporin just in case. Can anyone tell of this is rot or shed or anything to be concerned over? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!!

838c0fad4cd4cc8bef8e220c8d0e2ca2.jpg
615e0733b4c85383ea706a502b9df0c7.jpg
1442472ed7ab6a9f83b96c3d672973e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Latest posts