• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail looks funny? What’s going on with her tail?

Dragonqueen20

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my baby 4 months old, has had the tip of her tail look like this since I got her… its concerning to me.. is it going to be ok? Are the sheds not fully leaving the tip of her tail? She was kept with her siblings before I took her and they all seemed to have it…
IMG_9468.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my baby 4 months old, has had the tip of her tail look like this since I got her… its concerning to me.. is it going to be ok? Are the sheds not fully leaving the tip of her tail? She was kept with her siblings before I took her and they all seemed to have it…
View attachment 35633
It looks dead and it's probably gonna fall off - it's not black which is good otherwise it would be infected if it was black- keep an eye on it if you have concerns again please post - flagging Tracie our vet tech on the forum
@Drache613

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I agree with Sadie, the end of the tail isn't black so it doesn't appear to be infected
which is good. It looks that way due to being housed with other dragons that bit on
the end of the tail & caused injury.
For now, try putting some raw unpasteurized honey on the end of the tail to help keep
any infection away.
Keep an eye on it to be sure it isn't traveling upwards which would indicate infection.
The end will probably dry out completely & break off. The white portion further above
it looks like it is shedding?

Tracie

Dragonqueen20

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I agree with Sadie, the end of the tail isn't black so it doesn't appear to be infected
which is good. It looks that way due to being housed with other dragons that bit on
the end of the tail & caused injury.
For now, try putting some raw unpasteurized honey on the end of the tail to help keep
any infection away.
Keep an eye on it to be sure it isn't traveling upwards which would indicate infection.
The end will probably dry out completely & break off. The white portion further above
it looks like it is shedding?

Tracie
Yes she is shedding right now:)

Latest posts