• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail is dark??

CLEsteamer77

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning, I have been keeping an eye out on Melvin’s tail and it’s slowly getting tad darker in color each day. Should I take him to the vet? He’s been shedding on his face. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Any answers on this?? Please & thank you.
[emoji1656][emoji3448][emoji236]

a50b47bdb869d7dffffd05d5c94710e7.jpg
c7b64d3e702a474262e74af33ccedec2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
That is a beautiful, perfect beardie tail. Their tails tend to be darker. Whenever Jayne is running around, the cooler she gets, the darker her tail becomes. When you need to worry is if there's a visible injury or if the tail is shriveling up like a burnt match. Looks like yours has a tail shed coming on, too! Make sure to watch when it sheds that none of the old shed is retained and tight around the tail. Don't ever peel the shed, just keep an eye out.

CLEsteamer77

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is a beautiful, perfect beardie tail. Their tails tend to be darker. Whenever Jayne is running around, the cooler she gets, the darker her tail becomes. When you need to worry is if there's a visible injury or if the tail is shriveling up like a burnt match. Looks like yours has a tail shed coming on, too! Make sure to watch when it sheds that none of the old shed is retained and tight around the tail. Don't ever peel the shed, just keep an eye out.
Omg! Thank you so much for replying! You’re a life saver! I will in deed keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts