• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Hi I was wondering if you guys thought my beardies front legs look swollen or are they just chunky I guess they shouldn’t be thin but they seemed a bit swollen to me, she seems fine in herself moving around no issue but thought I’d check

Attachments

• IMG_4600.png
    IMG_4600.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I was wondering if you guys thought my beardies front legs look swollen or are they just chunky I guess they shouldn’t be thin but they seemed a bit swollen to me, she seems fine in herself moving around no issue but thought I’d check
Nope they look good - they all have the Pop Eye arms :)

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Nope they look good - they all have the Pop Eye arms :)
Thank you I just thought they were puffy but I’m pleased they look ok. I feed her insects every other day and she is 15 months old, would you suggest lowering the days she eats insects or do you think it would be ok

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you I just thought they were puffy but I’m pleased they look ok. I feed her insects every other day and she is 15 months old, would you suggest lowering the days she eats insects or do you think it would be ok
Salads every day and insects 2-3 times per week - treat worms super horn meal worms every other day 2-3 of them

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Salads every day and insects 2-3 times per week - treat worms super horn meal worms every other day 2-3 of them
Yes I’ve not switched the ratio yet I always provide salads but she doesn’t often eat them I am going to start holding back on bugs untill she is eating regular salads

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Yes I’ve not switched the ratio yet I always provide salads but she doesn’t often eat them I am going to start holding back on bugs untill she is eating regular salads
I know I can look it up online but best to ask you I feel.. I feed kale or spring greens daily usually kale, and throw in blueberries or carrot or butternut squash.. but can you advise some more staple veggies I can offer daily to keep things interesting for her? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know I can look it up online but best to ask you I feel.. I feed kale or spring greens daily usually kale, and throw in blueberries or carrot or butternut squash.. but can you advise some more staple veggies I can offer daily to keep things interesting for her? Thanks
Heres a website for nutrition look it over ignore the kale info it is outdated and a great staple feeder
variety is key w/ diet -- please feed the blueberries sparingly they are high in sugar and can cause diabetes-
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
she needs fresh salads every day - that is her main diet now that she is an adult - you can feed dubia roaches silk worms and BSFL as a staple insect as well but live insects are the best -- if you need websites to get those off of I can post them -- in the long run it is cheaper to get them on line than pet stores --

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Heres a website for nutrition look it over ignore the kale info it is outdated and a great staple feeder
variety is key w/ diet -- please feed the blueberries sparingly they are high in sugar and can cause diabetes-
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
she needs fresh salads every day - that is her main diet now that she is an adult - you can feed dubia roaches silk worms and BSFL as a staple insect as well but live insects are the best -- if you need websites to get those off of I can post them -- in the long run it is cheaper to get them on line than pet stores --
Hi would you mind sending a link or recommending the best multi vitamin for my beardie ? I have nutribol however after looking at the link you sent it has to much vitamin A to vitamin D so could you recommend one for me ? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi would you mind sending a link or recommending the best multi vitamin for my beardie ? I have nutribol however after looking at the link you sent it has to much vitamin A to vitamin D so could you recommend one for me ? Thanks
This is what I am using it has no Vit A or Calcium D3 in it --

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I was going to comment on your boy's front arms....is he going to shed possibly? Most times, they
appear to be slightly puffy or swollen before they are going to shed.
Are you in the UK?

Tracie

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I was going to comment on your boy's front arms....is he going to shed possibly? Most times, they
appear to be slightly puffy or swollen before they are going to shed.
Are you in the UK?

Tracie
Well they’ve been like that for a while and I thought they looked puffy but she has shed her head recently but as I said they’ve looked like that for a while now, and yes I’m in uk

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Ok, her arms do look whitish like they are preshed. It doesn't appear to be swollen as if she had
gout but sometimes it does take time for them to shed. Are any other parts on her swollen, like her
feet, toes, etc?

Tracie

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Ok, her arms do look whitish like they are preshed. It doesn't appear to be swollen as if she had
gout but sometimes it does take time for them to shed. Are any other parts on her swollen, like her
feet, toes, etc?

Tracie
No just the front legs I thought looked swollen

Latest posts