• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen right arm

eric_k

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is a little over 2 years old. Her right arm has swollen up over the last week. I am not aware of her falling. She seems to walk OK on it. She did have a small sore on the bottom of her arm why has almost completely healed. She eats mostly kale, yellow pepper and 5 meal worms daily. She just went through a full body shed. About 70% of the time she is in a tank with water, basking rock/cave. We have a basking bulb and 10.0 UVB bulb. Both are less than 2 months old. We bathe her a couple times a month and clean her tank regularly especially when she poops in the tank. Pic 1 is the swollen right arm. Pic 2 is the left. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20231002_165428.jpg
    20231002_165428.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20231002_165410.jpg
    20231002_165410.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is a little over 2 years old. Her right arm has swollen up over the last week. I am not aware of her falling. She seems to walk OK on it. She did have a small sore on the bottom of her arm why has almost completely healed. She eats mostly kale, yellow pepper and 5 meal worms daily. She just went through a full body shed. About 70% of the time she is in a tank with water, basking rock/cave. We have a basking bulb and 10.0 UVB bulb. Both are less than 2 months old. We bathe her a couple times a month and clean her tank regularly especially when she poops in the tank. Pic 1 is the swollen right arm. Pic 2 is the left. Any thoughts?
So your feeding meal worms as a staple feeder? Is there a green mesh hammock in the tank or a grass one? Sometimes they get their nails caught spraining the arms or pulling their nails--- your UVB is a coil? Or a long tube fixture - what kind of substrate are you using? This is regards to the sore your were talking about

eric_k

Bearded Dragon Egg
So your feeding meal worms as a staple feeder? Is there a green mesh hammock in the tank or a grass one? Sometimes they get their nails caught spraining the arms or pulling their nails--- your UVB is a coil? Or a long tube fixture - what kind of substrate are you using? This is regards to the sore your were talking about
No hammock. Cloth/felt substrate. Meal worms are a staple but a small amount compared to the veggies. Bulb is coil purchased from a pet store specifically for reptiles. Never figured out what caused the sore but slowly healed.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No hammock. Cloth/felt substrate. Meal worms are a staple but a small amount compared to the veggies. Bulb is coil purchased from a pet store specifically for reptiles. Never figured out what caused the sore but slowly healed.
Please get rid of the coil -- they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues --- please get one of these UVB's
24" 12% bulb 24 watt https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you need the one I am going to post for it
24" https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 this bulb 22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630 I see pangea does not even have the bulbs anymore
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun bulb posted above
you want a 2 ft or 24" fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
these are all good fixtures -- please get this as soon as you can --- it needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --- this is a good reason for all the stress marks -- incorrect UVB and you just moved him -- the cloth felt substrate could of caused the issue w/ the arm getting his nail caught in it
I would change the substrate out to either textured NON adhesive shelf line cut to the size of the tank - no grooves etc in the liner otherwise you will haft poop stuck in those grooves -- they make a mat for 4x2x2 tanks you can get it from Zen Habitats -- www.zenhabitats.com https://www.zenhabitats.com/collections/zen-exclusive-accessories-- please get him staple insect like BSFL - dubia roaches- crickets or silk worms -- I recommend dubia roaches
www.dubiaroaches.com

Latest posts