• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lothelir

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I am a new bearded dragon owner. I’ve done countless hours of research on bearded dragons and their living conditions, trying to get everything just right. I bought my baby dragon (don’t have a name yet bc I can’t decide!!!) a week ago. When I first brought him home I noticed the swollen back left foot/ankle. I don’t have an exotic vet or the money to get one. He doesn’t limp and he walks fine, he will even run after crickets.

His basking spot reaches 105 normally and the humidity is always high 30s low 40s. Since he has been home, I have not had much success getting him to eat greens at all. And even crickets are a challenge to get him to eat. But he’ll munch on mealworms like they are going out of style. I ordered Phoenix worms and they are coming today so hopefully this will satiate his calcium needs and food intake. But still not sure how to get him to eat veggies. His salad is usually collards, sweet red bell pepper, blueberries, yellow squash, kiwi, parsley, and sweet potato. Nothing seems to interest him.

Please let me know if I should make any changes, or if you know what is going on with his back left foot, or if you have any suggestions about feeding him greens.
FC2F35E2-38D9-4F25-B0A5-3AF3E0264815.jpeg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I am a new bearded dragon owner. I’ve done countless hours of research on bearded dragons and their living conditions, trying to get everything just right. I bought my baby dragon (don’t have a name yet bc I can’t decide!!!) a week ago. When I first brought him home I noticed the swollen back left foot/ankle. I don’t have an exotic vet or the money to get one. He doesn’t limp and he walks fine, he will even run after crickets.

His basking spot reaches 105 normally and the humidity is always high 30s low 40s. Since he has been home, I have not had much success getting him to eat greens at all. And even crickets are a challenge to get him to eat. But he’ll munch on mealworms like they are going out of style. I ordered Phoenix worms and they are coming today so hopefully this will satiate his calcium needs and food intake. But still not sure how to get him to eat veggies. His salad is usually collards, sweet red bell pepper, blueberries, yellow squash, kiwi, parsley, and sweet potato. Nothing seems to interest him.

Please let me know if I should make any changes, or if you know what is going on with his back left foot, or if you have any suggestions about feeding him greens.
View attachment 23421

Most vets will take Care Credit. Please try to get into a vet because that swollen leg or ankle isn't normal. There is a way to help him eat his vegetables and that's through gut loading your feeders before feeding him. If he's a baby, he won't be interested in vegetables. He will go after his crickets more. If he is a baby, he requires feedings 3 times a day. Also, make sure that you're dusting the crickets before feeding.

There is a formula known as critical care. It can be used to help undernourished dragons. You can find it on Amazon or on Walmart.com

And also, please go to the vet.
Critical care: https://www.walmart.com/ip/OXBOW-AN...6Y7e2rYf9eG3fVZoQSIfVsZffFnRQ8ohoCo8EQAvD_BwE
Reptaboost: https://www.amazon.com/Fluker-Labs-Insectivore-Carnivore-Supplement/dp/B000634CL4

Latest posts