• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swelling in left front leg ..

Beardiemomma26

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've noticed swelling in rangos left front foot.... What could cause this? It's been there since we got her from a previous owner about a month ago! She is 15 inches , shedding with all the appropriate heating and lighting, an starting to eat veggies and fruits along with her usually crix and worms!

Beardiemomma26

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her foot :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 301

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A good clear picture may help others here to better offer advice or give suggestions as to what is going on with your dragon's foot. The first thing I would recommend is for you to take a close look at it to see if there is any obvious injury such as a wound or break that would require immediate attention.

You did mention that the problem stemmed from a previous owner's care and it is quite possible that she injured the foot severely while with them and it was not caught or as unfortunately happens more often than should was seen but left untreated. If there are no obvious wounds that you can see then the best recommendation I or anyone else on here could give you would be to make an appointment with a qualified reptile vet in your area as soon as possible and have them take a look at the foot as well as give her a thorough checkup to make sure that the foot issue is taken care of and that she doesn't have any other issues you are unaware of such as parasites for example.

One thing that you need to be aware of is that bearded dragons are notoriously good at masking injuries and illness. That kept in mind and since you have no way of knowing how well she was really taken care of by her previous owner would make a trip to the vet to be thoroughly checked a top priority as well as money very well spent for the well-being of your dragon and your peace of mind:)

Hope this helps!
Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You were obviously posting the pic while I was typing my response.:) I would venture a guess that the swelling is due to her injuring her foot from a fall, a jump or even it being mashed or pinched.
My advice would be the same though....Take her to a qualified vet and have them check it out. It does not look like something that you can treat at home without vet assistance.
Keep us updated!
Enjoy!!

Charley

Hatchling Dragon
Got to agree with Mungi's Buddha- looks like an injury from a fall or something, mine had something similar once upon a time, he'd falled off his bamboo in a head-bobbing rage and his foot was swollen, vet sorted it right out with some meds :)

Latest posts