• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swapped my pygmy bearded dragon

penhryn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone who reads this. Back on the 23rd Feb. I wrote on this forum that I couldn't pat my pygmy beardie let alone try to catch him. Anyhow, I bit the bullet and took him back to the breeder because he was to erratic. I managed to catch him and put him in a container to take him back. (this was 2 days ago) The breeder said he was very healthy (spoilt) and when he put him on his shoulder he tried to escape. He was a gorgeous sandy colour but not a good personality. SOOOO!! I swapped him for another lizard and he is a couple of months older than the one I have at home. The new lizard (bubbles) is the complete opposite of the other one. I'm glad I did it. When I brought bubbles home he was a dark grey colour and now he is turning a sandy colour. Had lizard races yesterday. MMM!!! Nearly went to sleep. I am so pleased that I did that because now both are enjoying each others company and we don't have to worry. Thanks. ;D

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its a shame the other wouldnt tame but on the other hand it sounds like you got a tame one instead, now pics of bubbles just remember to let bubbles settle in before too much handeling and i hope your able to give bubbles a long happy life ;D
paul

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The one you returned sounds like the one someone had when I was looking for my first beardie. I wanted a beardie terribly and this person I know got one on loan for me to look at(which was very nice but......) Stitch was this little beardies name,he was gorgeous,nice coloring,came with a nice cage,but had a horrible temper. I have a son who loves animals(even more now that he's used to having beardies) and once I saw this beardie I knew it was a no go.He was grey and very nice looking,but if you even got near his cage he would black beard and try to bite,putting your hand in his cage was at your own risk. Had it just been me,I would have gotten him anyway,because he got so used to me bugging him,he would eat from my hand,but only after black bearding,hissingand throwing a tantrum.
He would have needed a lot of love and attention.As I said had it just been me,I would have gotten him and worked with him,but my son really wanted to hold him and I was afraid it would bite him and then he wouldn't want anything to do with beardies.We now have 2 wonderful,gorgeous beardies who love nothing better than for one of us to pick them up to snuggle.

Latest posts