1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Diet' started by Mandyjane, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Mandyjane

Mandyjane Bearded Dragon Egg

I will be getting my son a bearded dragon soon and have been researching alot and find contradicting things. I read in this forum where someone posted a link to reptileguide which says babies 0-4 months calcium 5 x a week once daily
    Multivitamins 2 x a week on days not getting calcium. Juveniles 5-12 month calcium 4 x a week once daily multivitamins 2 x a week when not getting calcium. Adults calcium 3 x week once daily multivitamins 1 x a week when not getting calcium. Is this right? Also how many times do they need D3. Do I need to only get a multivitamin with D3 because I also read somewhere that if I am using a mercury vapor bulb along with a repti sun T5 10.0 that I want need calcuim or just maybe when give vitamins. I will be getting a zen habitat 4x2x2 with solarglo 160w and 36in long bulb reptisun T5 10.0 if this helps. Do I need to place the reptisun long bulb inside the habitat or on top? I know the solar glo is outside. I just want to do the best by him so any help will be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone used the calcium and multivitamins from beardeddragon.co? What is the best calcium and multivitamins in your opinion? Sorry so long, thank your for any advice.
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

If your getting a baby he will need calcium 5 x per week every feeding it is recommended you feed babies 2-3 times per day - however that can be different I have a 5 month old that did not eat 2 - 3 times per day - at first when he was really young around 7 weeks he ate 2 times per day - now hes eating once per day but hes eating alot - I give him greens collard turnip greens mainly but add cilantro when I have it along w/ yellow or zucchinni squash alternating w/ BSFL on top of salad and 3 super worms or 3 wax worms on top --- he eats this first thing in the morning after an 1 1/2 hrs of warming up -- after about 1-2 hrs I add his staple feeder of dubias dusted w/ calcium D3 2 x per week and this is because I have the Arcadia 14% bulb in my tank Zen Habitat and it sits clear to top of tank because of strength of bulb -- the 3 days a week he gets regular calcium NO PHOSPHOROUS and vitamins Jurriasvite on Sat and Sun---- You want a vitamin that does not have a lot of Vitamin A in it - if your feeding carrots to your crickets or dubia roaches then he would be getting that Vit A thru them - I feed my dubias carrots for hydration so my dragons do not get carrots in their salad -- you still need to dust your bugs despite your UVB's the UVB's are what help the dragon absorb the calcium they are getting thru their food --- I have all my lighting separate -- I have a 24" UVB Zoo Med fixture w/ the 14% Arcadia bulb in both my tanks w/a Exo Terro 150 watt bulb --- the fixture your getting is really long for the tank but it is up to you a 24" will do --- you do not want a fixture the same length of tank ----- he needs to be able to escape those rays --- i am not savy in the all in one bulbs and having 2 UVB's is really not necessary ---- the UVB fixture needs to go inside the tank 12-15 inches from basking spot and he needs to be able to sit directly under it --- it is too hard to control the heat / UVB w/ the one bulb that is why mine are all separate ---- I will post a pic of Blazes tank and you can see how it is set up -- I have slated ceramic tile in my tanks - both tanks are pretty much set up the same -- I also have a almost 2 yr old beardie -- if you have any more questions please ask --- basking temps make sure you have a digital probe thermometer and / or infrared heat gun I use both - plus dial but it is used for ball park figure of ambient temps only----- I also use a CHE in the winter it keeps my tanks around 70 at nite ---
  3. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

Blazes tank is posted in the Gallery