• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Supplements and lighting

Mandyjane

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will be getting my son a bearded dragon soon and have been researching alot and find contradicting things. I read in this forum where someone posted a link to reptileguide which says babies 0-4 months calcium 5 x a week once daily
Multivitamins 2 x a week on days not getting calcium. Juveniles 5-12 month calcium 4 x a week once daily multivitamins 2 x a week when not getting calcium. Adults calcium 3 x week once daily multivitamins 1 x a week when not getting calcium. Is this right? Also how many times do they need D3. Do I need to only get a multivitamin with D3 because I also read somewhere that if I am using a mercury vapor bulb along with a repti sun T5 10.0 that I want need calcuim or just maybe when give vitamins. I will be getting a zen habitat 4x2x2 with solarglo 160w and 36in long bulb reptisun T5 10.0 if this helps. Do I need to place the reptisun long bulb inside the habitat or on top? I know the solar glo is outside. I just want to do the best by him so any help will be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone used the calcium and multivitamins from beardeddragon.co? What is the best calcium and multivitamins in your opinion? Sorry so long, thank your for any advice.