• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i bought some superworms the other day. I removed them from the bran they come in and changed it to rolled oats, bran, fish flakes, calcium and vitamin powder. They seem to be eating well. I also throw in some carrot everyday and some left over greens mix i make for yoda.

Can l feed superworms everyday and if so how many?​

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If I'm not mistaken, superworms are a bit fattier than roaches and crickets and I think that makes them not ideal for daily feeding. I could be wrong but I recall a lot of folks using them as treats.
Someone correct me... :p

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I heard that they are alright to use if your beardie is more than 15" or 16" long. But by that time they should be adults ,or close to, and be fed about 75% greens and the other protein so they really wouldn't be eating a lot of them ;)

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Anyone feed any sort of beans to supplement the protein, just curious. I heard that about superworms too, kinda like a reeses peanut butter cup lol. Phoenix worms are suppose to be the best balance,but haven't fed him any.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if you have a beardie that's underweight you can feed supers every day to fatten it up, but i wouldnt feed them more than once a week. I give my ADULT beardie 6 a week, usually every friday:) I also breed super worms, very easy and a way to save money:)

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Anyone feed any sort of beans to supplement the protein, just curious. I heard that about superworms too, kinda like a reeses peanut butter cup lol. Phoenix worms are suppose to be the best balance,but haven't fed him any.
I used reptiworms (same thing as pheonix worms) when my beardies were growing up and I loved them. I think they are great. They have all the calcium that beardies need, so no need to dust feeders or greens, and plus they have to chitin to worry about.

Latest posts